Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Apr 5, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #1,592 of 2,317
Joined the ie600 club!
2.jpg
now, which tips do you recommended guys to use with the ie600?
i felt that stock tips is not isolate very well.
Isolation isn't the best on the ie600 anyway because they are vented but the sednaearfit vivid or standard black or MAX are the best I have used on ie200,ie300 & ie600.
They have the big bore & really open up the sound stage while keeping the good base.

Apr 5, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #1,593 of 2,317
Joined the ie600 club!
2.jpg
now, which tips do you recommended guys to use with the ie600?
i felt that stock tips is not isolate very well.

Spinfit W1
Spinfit CP145

Apr 6, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #1,594 of 2,317
Has anybody heard both IE600 and Letshuoer S12? The frequency response graphs do not look a million miles away from each other.
I have the S12 (original, not Pro), and am wondering whether it's worth getting the ie600 as well.
I have both. IE600 is better, but whether it is a necessary upgrade depends on what you want.

Personally, my driver preference is DD>planar>BA. Hybrid falls anywhere in that order based on the implementation. Planar earphones like timeless and s12 (those are the ones I own) are good, but will lose to DD on impact. They sound softer to a DD overall. While they are resolving, they're not as clear as a well implemented DD such as IE600. Yes, there are great planar sets in the headphone arena, but I cannot talk about how they compare to DD headphone sets since headphones is not my domain. I like IEMs better, prefer them and can only talk about my opinion on what I've tried.

Coming back to IE600 vs S12, the resolution of IE600 is cleaner, sharper and better. S12 is very good. IE600 is excellent. It can go toe-to-toe with sets like Monarch MK II. I would recommend to demo them if possible and to make your own decision. Personally, if there are only two sets I can have, I would choose monarch mk ii and IE600. If I can only have one, I'll take IE600 because it is a single DD IEM that fits extremely well in my small ears. That should tell you all you need to know.

PS: If you like them, get wide bore tips like azla seenaearfit to make the presentation more balanced. All my impressions are based on wide bore tips. The default ones were too treble heavy for my ears.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #1,596 of 2,317
I have both. IE600 is better, but whether it is a necessary upgrade depends on what you want.

Personally, my driver preference is DD>planar>BA. Hybrid falls anywhere in that order based on the implementation. Planar earphones like timeless and s12 (those are the ones I own) are good, but will lose to DD on impact. They sound softer to a DD overall. While they are resolving, they're not as clear as a well implemented DD such as IE600. Yes, there are great planar sets in the headphone arena, but I cannot talk about how they compare to DD headphone sets since headphones is not my domain. I like IEMs better, prefer them and can only talk about my opinion on what I've tried.

Coming back to IE600 vs S12, the resolution of IE600 is cleaner, sharper and better. S12 is very good. IE600 is excellent. It can go toe-to-toe with sets like Monarch MK II. I would recommend to demo them if possible and to make your own decision. Personally, if there are only two sets I can have, I would choose monarch mk ii and IE600. If I can only have one, I'll take IE600 because it is a single DD IEM that fits extremely well in my small ears. That should tell you all you need to know.

PS: If you like them, get wide bore tips like azla seenaearfit to make the presentation more balanced. All my impressions are based on wide bore tips. The default ones were too treble heavy for my ears.
I used the azla sednaearfit standard blacks which were my favourite of all the tips I tried but then went to the azla sednaearfit vivid & found them even better for clarity & bass but you can't go wrong with either tip.

Apr 9, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #1,597 of 2,317

Thanks very much, this is very helpful. Yes, I agree DDs have more impact! And yes trying IE600 would be ideal, but I'm not aware of any retailers here that stock the IE600, and have one available for demos. I've been to one shop (Richer Sounds) and they say they do not demo IEM's for hygiene reasons. For the same reasons they are non refundable once opened. I can understand that, but I'm hardly going to pay £550 without trying them first!
My main worry is that I might find them too bright or sibilant. Resolve at Headphones.com complained about sibilance in his youtube review.
I've not really heard of anyone else complaining about the problem.

Apr 9, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #1,598 of 2,317
Thanks very much, this is very helpful. Yes, I agree DDs have more impact! And yes trying IE600 would be ideal, but I'm not aware of any retailers here that stock the IE600, and have one available for demos. I've been to one shop (Richer Sounds) and they say they do not demo IEM's for hygiene reasons. For the same reasons they are non refundable once opened. I can understand that, but I'm hardly going to pay £550 without trying them first!
My main worry is that I might find them too bright or sibilant. Resolve at Headphones.com complained about sibilance in his youtube review.
I get the sense that he likes it a little mellow and warm to go with some of the aggressive music he listens to. I bought and tried the SA6 and found out that it was not for me because of its ba bass. I like dynamics.

HRTF also plays a part. His ear anatomy and the tips he used would contribute to his opinion as well.

If a demo is not possible, then you might have to wait for a camjam or get it from Amazon and return it you don't like it.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #1,599 of 2,317
I don’t think that they are overly sibilant. Just a bit bright and very detailed. They are, however, a) very tip dependent and b) can sometimes seem a bit hot if the track is produced that way just because they are so detailed. Still, the IE600 are not sibilant in my book.

Apr 9, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #1,601 of 2,317
Yes, I only use foam tips, which help somewhat with sibilance, in my very limited experience of iems. I think I will wait until I can demo a pair. Thanks for your help.
With foam tips, they are not sibilant at all for me. Quite on the contrary, they loose too much detail, sparkle and finesse in the treble then. But as we know, this is always very subjective. Hope you can demo them soon :)

Apr 9, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #1,603 of 2,317
IE600 are not sibilant imo. They do have treble but not in an offensive way.

Agreed. They have nice detail and sparkle in the treble range but it's lovely. Not offensive in the slightest.

Apr 10, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #1,605 of 2,317
if you have a BTR7 and like a bit more bass. I have the lowest three frequencies all bumped up between 2 and 3db, and man these buds are fricking amazing. I'm completely blown away by these little guys (with an aftermarket cable, not for the fake SQ upgrade, but for the comfort)

Totally amazing. I have no itch to buy new IEM's for a long time. They really are so good for $599.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back