Ex Shanling UP2 owners, what was your next DAC?
Aug 18, 2023 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

muddymix87

New Head-Fier
My Shanling UP2 broke and I'm looking for a replacement.

[EDIT]: I've decided on the BTR7!

What UP2 had that I wanna keep:
  • Tight bass (I wouldn't want louder bass than the UP2 though)
  • Dedicated volume (twist)knob
  • Safe for sleeping (durable enough to withstand laying on it in bed, button was low profile which helped)
What was missing with UP2:
  • It lacked air when using bluetooth, like some super-high frequencies were lost (maybe better on another DAC?)

What did you get and how does it compare against UP2? If you could adress my points above as far as the difference goes I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #2 of 5
I would day just get the UP4, same format as you loved about the UP2 and with more power. Hits on all your requested notes.
The only other one I can think of with the (Twist) Knob would be the Ifi Go Blu, but that will elevate the bass compared to the UP2 or UP4.

Aug 20, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #3 of 5
Ifi Go Blu is an upgrade in terms of SQ compared to shanling UP2. I have UP4 which I enjoy a lot, but would switch to Go Blu with the heartbeat. Would take Go blue myself if I did not had so many portables already

Aug 20, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #4 of 5
I would day just get the UP4, same format as you loved about the UP2 and with more power. Hits on all your requested notes.
The only other one I can think of with the (Twist) Knob would be the Ifi Go Blu, but that will elevate the bass compared to the UP2 or UP4.
I've decided on the BTR7 today 😁 thanks for the input though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back