EVGA Nu Audio soundcard
Nov 7, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #76 of 259
Hey guys.. One thing ive noticed since connecting this to a set of tube preamp is that im getting a lot of "computer and computer psu noise through my studio monitors now.

Has anyone else noticed the psu noise? Im digging around trying to find any info to make some mods but i cant seem to find any thing...

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #77 of 259
i haven't tried the Nu on some speakers but ill let you know when i get a chance the ultimate solution i guess would be to take the sound card and move it externally using a riser cable like miners do for there GPUs :p but that would look silly...or dope if your rocking that RGB your flavor :)

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #78 of 259
Hey guys.. One thing ive noticed since connecting this to a set of tube preamp is that im getting a lot of "computer and computer psu noise through my studio monitors now.

Has anyone else noticed the psu noise? Im digging around trying to find any info to make some mods but i cant seem to find any thing...
Try using different pcie slots and see if it makes a difference I get minimal noise through mine using aorus z390 wifi.

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #79 of 259
I found interesting review on EVGA Nu Audio with tests https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/review-report.php?id=1950 .
Original text is on Russian, so you need to press Translate or choose English to use google translate.
In this article I read great idea fo EVGA, if they can make estrenal USB power connector on Nu Audio it can be used in external box with any laptop.

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #80 of 259
i emailed them and expressed my interest for a future collaboration for an external unit. Cross my fingers hope it happens because this little guy has already stolen away listening time from my mojo!

Nov 16, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #81 of 259
They're designed for more than gaming, as you might find watching movies more fun when playing around with the Surround or Compressor (to adjust volume floor and ceiling). Similarly, you might just want to use the quick EQ rather than the 10-band Equalizer for a fast adjustment.

For pure audio quality, you'll probably want the Nahimic features turned off.
Quick question, got a dac&amp, considering using the optical output with nu, does the dsp work with digital out?

Does this card have anything good for digital output?

Nov 16, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #82 of 259
i dont know but i can definitely test that out on my end and let you know

Nov 16, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #84 of 259
i dont know but i can definitely test that out on my end and let you know
Thank you please let me know if the optical out on nu is good or not. Currently i am using ae-5 optical out to my dac, and i think the dsp works great with external dac. Fake surrounding sounds pretty real. But i recently tried möbius and i think it had a much better dsp for virtual surroundings. Makes me wonder if nu had it better

Nov 17, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #85 of 259
Hi,
I have an Asus STX II and an EVGA NU Audio sound card in my audio pc (both with linear low noisy power supply).
The sound of the Asus STX II soundcard definitely better than EVGA NU Audio card sound. STX II sound very detailed, open, airy, the sound stage huge, vocal vivid, the sound real and musical. No question for me the Asus far better.

Nov 17, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #86 of 259
Hi,
I have an Asus STX II and an EVGA NU Audio sound card in my audio pc (both with linear low noisy power supply).
The sound of the Asus STX II soundcard definitely better than EVGA NU Audio card sound. STX II sound very detailed, open, airy, the sound stage huge, vocal vivid, the sound real and musical. No question for me the Asus far better.

How is the digital output ability of those two sound card? Also what about the dsp they had?

Nov 18, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #87 of 259
EVGA has DSD256 not sure what DSD the STX ii has a quick search didnt turn up much :S. As for the optical its very clean very black backround id say with nice low end that usb doesnt give and this is feeding the mojo. To be fair the only other Optical source i have is my 4K tv :p. I can say DSD out of optical is also squeaky clean and crisp. I had a go at it listening to a DSD 256 track called : Galadriel by John R. Burr

Nov 18, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #88 of 259
How is the digital output ability of those two sound card? Also what about the dsp they had?

The digital output is not so good. If you use the analog rca output and the singnal goes directly to the power amp, this is the best option.
The best setup of STX II is: Audio Pc (with linear power supply) + JRiver (Wasapi) + power amp + front speakers.
My music is 98% in 16/44 format but I have a few DSD soundtrack. The STX II sound is better with 16/44 music than the NU Audio with DSD...

I know it is unbelievable...but I sold my 20 times more expensive components after I tried/heard the STX II.
It is funny that my HiDiamond D5 IC cable is more expensive than my STX II sound card...:)

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #89 of 259
Is this headphone out or RCA you compared them with? Id love to slap in a Burson V6 (i had the V5 with my HT Omega eClaro) but i dont want to run it without an EMI shield being so close to my GPU. A burson V5i might fit the bill if i ever get my hands on one ill be sure to post impressions as im using the stock ADI AD8056 that came with the card

Nov 18, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #90 of 259
The digital output is not so good. If you use the analog rca output and the singnal goes directly to the power amp, this is the best option.
The best setup of STX II is: Audio Pc (with linear power supply) + JRiver (Wasapi) + power amp + front speakers.
My music is 98% in 16/44 format but I have a few DSD soundtrack. The STX II sound is better with 16/44 music than the NU Audio with DSD...

I know it is unbelievable...but I sold my 20 times more expensive components after I tried/heard the STX II.
It is funny that my HiDiamond D5 IC cable is more expensive than my STX II sound card...:)

i totally believes you selling the external dac after trying a good sound card, too bad my dac&amp is conjoined and there is no way to bypass the dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back