EVGA Nu Audio soundcard
May 27, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #256 of 259
Have you been aware of the polarity ? I did have Nu Audio and i pushed the v6 classics all the way to the socket without extenders.It angled the capacitors but it worked.I still recommend using extenders.By extenders i mean 2 pieces of 8 pin dip socket put one on top of each other.
Yeah, i did with extenders first, polarity correct like they recommended in online example, it didn't get recognised, reinstalled drivers couple of times, gave up, shoved asus strix with v5i-d and then v6v, asus worked, 2nd time tried without extenders, reinstalled drivers once, gave up, dropped v5i-d, no sound, nothing in device manager :frowning2:

May 27, 2022 at 11:31 PM Post #257 of 259
What were the differences between the V5 and V6 Classics in your experience with Nu audio?
V6 classic it is in another class of clarity detail and punchiness.I like it more.The soundstage is also different than v5i and i like it more on V6.The v6 classic is punchier too.Keep in mind they are also more expensive almost double the price.The sound with Audio technica AD2000x and v6 is absolutely awesome.Imo one misses so much detail and clarity with v5i when using ad2000x cans.

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #258 of 259
Yeah, i did with extenders first, polarity correct like they recommended in online example, it didn't get recognised, reinstalled drivers couple of times, gave up, shoved asus strix with v5i-d and then v6v, asus worked, 2nd time tried without extenders, reinstalled drivers once, gave up, dropped v5i-d, no sound, nothing in device manager :frowning2:
Have you tried moving to a new pciexpress slot temporary just for testing ?

May 28, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #259 of 259
Have you tried moving to a new pciexpress slot temporary just for testing ?
Hm, tried that too, 2nd pci-e 1.x port is under graphics card, but still not much news. Now i have intel motherboard, i could try on my old intel pc, considering it, just need connect 2nd monitor, 2nd psu, etc

P.S. Has anyone thought of printing a plastic backplate for NU audio with 3D printer in order to protect metal spikes coming through the mainboard back? In tight motherboards video cards, sound cards and other pci-e 1.x cards are just ramming each other, it can short circuits

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back