EVGA Nu Audio soundcard
Jun 3, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #226 of 259
Here is my review on the Burson Audio V5I installed in my Evga Nu Sound Card.

The installation was straight forward and simple, the V5i just fit right into the headphone op amp area and the line out area. First thing i did was listen thru my Emotiva basx A100 and thru my Triange Borea Bro 2 speakers. I played several tracks from Blondie to the Rolling Stones and my first impressions were like wow this sounds really good, so much better than the stock op amps. So i got down to some serious listning session and im so impressed how much of a difference the Burson V5i can make. They opended up the music, the soundstage got bigger. There is a bit of magic with these Burson V5I op amps, im just so enjoying what they have done to the Evga Nu sound card and the music. Next i put in the Hd 560s headphones and was even more blown away cause i can hear much more detail, theres a little warmth to the music, its refined, very detailed.

I have to say this is end game for the Evga Nu sound card in my opiinon. The Burson V5I brings rich defined bass, bigger soundstage, smooth and warm vocals, and a sparkle to the top end. I would say the best thing about them if i had to pick one things would be clarity and detail and warm to the music, i heard this thru my amp and speakers but even more thru my Hd 560s headphones. Is there anything i dont like about them honestly i would say no, its like they are a match made in heaven for this Evga sound card.

Highly Highly recommended, i have done op amp rolling with this sound card and often you end up going back to the stock ones, not anymore the Burson V5i is a winner.

Attachments

• IMG_20210603_192317.jpg
    IMG_20210603_192317.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210603_192328.jpg
    IMG_20210603_192328.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210603_192401.jpg
    IMG_20210603_192401.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jun 4, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #227 of 259
I'm very happy with mine v5i I think I'll probably keep these inside my sound card I've tried quite a few op amps I think the V5i end game. For me it was a lot more than the base it was the clarity the slight warmth of the vocals I mean it just opened everything up.
For sure, the midrange and treble is greatly improved as well, I just didn't want to go full blown review just yet. REALLY nice OP AMP. Could be endgame for me as well. I'd like to test the V6's before making a final decision though, but its really hard to imagine something sounding better than the V5i. It just sounds so good :D

Jun 4, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #228 of 259
Yeah I tried the V6 the classic I tried no I tried to V6 vivid and it was okay I don't like it as much as I like the v5i.

I wrote the review because I was testing them for Burson Audio, otherwise I probably wouldn't have wrote a review but it was an honest review you know I didn't cloud it because they sent me the amps it was truly what I think of it and I'm just going to keep the v5i I'm I'm done I'm happy with it.

Jul 8, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #229 of 259
So I bought my NU sound card to replace my aging ASUS D2X Zonar, and my computer audio has been transformed! My Logitech Z-5500 digital speakers have come alive! I never knew they could sound this good!
This is interesting, had d2x 5 years ago~, and thought there will never be anything better than this, I was always suspicious about 200-300$ sound cards, people just can't hear those nuances, hahaha, I thought it's just because they have better headphones only.. I am starting to look for EVGA auctions soon then.. Hope it's an upgrade. Currently having Asus Strix Soar

Nov 12, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #233 of 259
quick question guys just rolled my opamps in a evga nu card to bursonv5i and i have no sound to my headphones at all but when i put back my old opamps i do and suggestions? I have checked all my settings in windows and the evga software.....

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #234 of 259
quick question guys just rolled my opamps in a evga nu card to bursonv5i and i have no sound to my headphones at all but when i put back my old opamps i do and suggestions? I have checked all my settings in windows and the evga software.....
There's a half circle on the bottom of the Burson, make sure it's facing correctly with the half circle on the OPAMP plastic part that the OPAMP slides into.
Look at the half circle on the OPAMP and the white line outlining the same half circle groove. Make sure it looks like this and you should be good.

Attachments

• 9D3AAFDF-E12A-4D34-AC5F-20346A4BD9EF.jpeg
    9D3AAFDF-E12A-4D34-AC5F-20346A4BD9EF.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • EC9345EF-1A49-4527-BADE-4F1F059BF4ED.jpeg
    EC9345EF-1A49-4527-BADE-4F1F059BF4ED.jpeg
    945.7 KB · Views: 0
Nov 12, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #236 of 259
yeah i have already checked that no sound at all im going to rma this set
Are you sure they are flush with the bottom, inserted all the way? I have the same sound card and used the same OPAMPs. Did you swap both OPAMPs and only get sound out of the line out? Did you try swapping out the OPAMP that works with the line out and try it in the headphone OPAMP slot?
I can't imagine both would be bad if you did get 2.

Jan 30, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #238 of 259
Still happy with Nu Audio after several months, despite control panel being disappeared in my windows, as I am impulsive gadet buyer, I want now to try v5i-D too... But audiophonics,fr want you to charge 2x more than the actual price of set of two v5i-D op amps, how crazy is that, it's twice cheaper to get them from Australia or China which are further from UK! Mental, guess i will apply to australians, seems as if EU declared war on UK or something

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #239 of 259
Still happy with Nu Audio after several months, despite control panel being disappeared in my windows, as I am impulsive gadet buyer, I want now to try v5i-D too... But audiophonics,fr want you to charge 2x more than the actual price of set of two v5i-D op amps, how crazy is that, it's twice cheaper to get them from Australia or China which are further from UK! Mental, guess i will apply to australians, seems as if EU declared war on UK or something
Burson D5i sounds good in the nu audio, a little heavy on the midrange but a big improvement over stock.

Feb 5, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #240 of 259
Got mine sorted too, year there is the usual hissing when sound is not on, but drums and guitars sound so warm, listened to psychedelic rock for 70 minutes, couldn't put headphones down, checked in game in cs:go quickly for 4minutes, loved the expansive soundstage, felt like i was having advantage, lol, i think they are great in multiplayer gaming too

Attachments

• 20220205_192057.jpg
    20220205_192057.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back