Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Jan 5, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #527 of 815
I agree that A8 is a great package so i would have bought it if i hadnt already bought x26pro dac. But for many who already own external dac, dedicated streamer can be a very tempting product as well and i believe it wont be so difficult for eversolo to make that option possible. I admit 500$ is just to less than it deserves but at the price of 800 will be still a good option for many

Jan 5, 2024 at 11:32 PM Post #528 of 815
I agree that A8 is a great package so i would have bought it if i hadnt already bought x26pro dac. But for many who already own external dac, dedicated streamer can be a very tempting product as well and i believe it wont be so difficult for eversolo to make that option possible. I admit 500$ is just to less than it deserves but at the price of 800 will be still a good option for many
I own (ordered) a chord dac TT2+mscaler, after auditing the three eversolo models. and still went for the a8. The a8 digital wise sounds near the hifi rose 150 (which is over 4000 euro)

(X26pro, is nice dac by the way👍🏼, owned a while back, one of the few nice 9038pro implementations)

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 11:38 PM Post #529 of 815
I own (ordered) a chord dac TT2+mscaler, after auditing the three eversolo models. and still went for the a8. The a8 digital wise sounds near the hifi rose 150 (which is over 4000 euro)

(X26pro, is nice dac by the way👍🏼, owned a while back, one of the few nice 9038pro implementations)
Thats why i think that the streamer with reasonable price will be a super hit. Other available options are too expensive. I saw a review that dac section of A8 is as good as gustard a26. I think that a8 is a real great option for anyone who is considering buying under 2k dac. As the great streamer is coming along with a great sounding dac.

Jan 6, 2024 at 12:09 AM Post #530 of 815
Thats why i think that the streamer with reasonable price will be a super hit. Other available options are too expensive. I saw a review that dac section of A8 is as good as gustard a26. I think that a8 is a real great option for anyone who is considering buying under 2k dac. As the great streamer is coming along with a great sounding dac.
Almost a A26 yes, the A26 still wins though, but by a small margin only. The A8 is a good deal regarding that. As a dac but as a extremely well streamer too.

Don’t think they will launch a streamer only that is as good as the A8 for less than at least a A6 master edition. Why? Because you need the femto clocks AND seperate power supplies.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 3:45 AM Post #531 of 815
If external DAC will be used, isnt it better to buy a streamer only device? Wonder if eversolo is planning to release the streamer only device. Like A8 level streaming performance with no dac under 500$. Just dreaming :)
I only use the A6 for streaming (+ some local FLAC). Of course, it would be great to have a cheaper version without the DAC section, but I am not sure how much cheaper it would be. $600 instead of $800 at best? The thing is, as a streamer the A6 sounds clearer, more detailed and better balanced than any Bluesound or iFi streamer under $1000. People who tried $1000+ streamers say the A6 can compete with even higher priced dedicated streamers. This makes it a good deal even with a built in DAC for $800. The best/clearest sounding streamer under $1K shall we say?

I have recently spent a week exclusively with the A6 as a DAC too. Normally I use my Pegasus R2R with a SR Purple fuse (I know it sounds crazy, but the fuse indeed improves the clarity of the DAC). This experience hasn't changed my view. The DAC in the A6 is decent, if I really had to, I could probably live with it. Its performance is around your average $400-$500 d/s DAC. I wouldn't even say the difference is night and day between these two DACs, but switching back to my (upgraded) Pegasus after a week did reveal some obvious changes in sound. My R2R sounds clearer than the A6 DAC, there is a lot more 3D space with more depth, better breathability and instrument separation. More natural details are coming through, as it is easier to hear them in this more natural and airier presentation. Tone is also more lifelike with more refined textures, resolution is higher. A6 DAC in comparison sounds a bit congested especially in the upper mids and treble. Also the soundscape is flatter, but actually not too bad for a d/s at this price.

So, yeah, for me the A6 was worth it as a streamer for its sound and also the ease of use (that is night and day versus the iFi Zen Stream for example). If Eversolo comes out with a Streamer only device I might be interested, but I probably couldn't sell my A6 for enough money to make the change worth let's say for a $500 A6 streamer. A $1000 A8 streamer could be interesting too, but that is kind of the very top of my budget I would ever consider spending on a streamer only device. For now my A6 does the job and does it very well.

Jan 6, 2024 at 3:55 AM Post #532 of 815
I only use the A6 for streaming (+ some local FLAC). Of course, it would be great to have a cheaper version without the DAC section, but I am not sure how much cheaper it would be. $600 instead of $800 at best? The thing is, as a streamer the A6 sounds clearer, more detailed and better balanced than any Bluesound or iFi streamer under $1000. People who tried $1000+ streamers say the A6 can compete with even higher priced dedicated streamers. This makes it a good deal even with a built in DAC for $800. The best/clearest sounding streamer under $1K shall we say?

I have recently spent a week exclusively with the A6 as a DAC too. Normally I use my Pegasus R2R with a SR Purple fuse (I know it sounds crazy, but the fuse indeed improves the clarity of the DAC). This experience hasn't changed my view. The DAC in the A6 is decent, if I really had to, I could probably live with it. Its performance is around your average $400-$500 d/s DAC. I wouldn't even say the difference is night and day between these two DACs, but switching back to my (upgraded) Pegasus after a week did reveal some obvious changes in sound. My R2R sounds clearer than the A6 DAC, there is a lot more 3D space with more depth, better breathability and instrument separation. More natural details are coming through, as it is easier to hear them in this more natural and airier presentation. Tone is also more lifelike with more refined textures, resolution is higher. A6 DAC in comparison sounds a bit congested especially in the upper mids and treble. Also the soundscape is flatter, but actually not too bad for a d/s at this price.

So, yeah, for me the A6 was worth it as a streamer for its sound and also the ease of use (that is night and day versus the iFi Zen Stream for example). If Eversolo comes out with a Streamer only device I might be interested, but I probably couldn't sell my A6 for enough money to make the change worth let's say for a $500 A6 streamer. A $1000 A8 streamer could be interesting too, but that is kind of the very top of my budget I would ever consider spending on a streamer only device. For now my A6 does the job and does it very well.
The A6 is a real bargain for it is money, absolutely!! Ad wins easily from bluesound, bluesound sucks digital and analogue. And a6 also wins digitally from the zen stream. (I own the zen stream and bluesound, so ofcourse did the compare)

I was used to already better, and that is why I did not prefeer the A6. The A8 is the best sounding digital and analogue, hearable with headphones, and extremely hearable with a full hifi set. Hifi rose 130/150 sound better (but double the a8 price). In that regard the a8 is a bargain too.

I get really annoyed when people say there is not much difference. Between the a6/master and the A8. But it depends ofcourse what the rest of your system is. On my system it was very noticable at home. Electrostatic ESL martin logan and the dac tt2+mscaler, and a very good amp from musical fidelity. Switching between them a8 and a6 digital, was from going flat to hollographic sounding.

Jan 6, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #533 of 815
The A6 is a real bargain for it is money, absolutely!! Ad wins easily from bluesound, bluesound sucks digital and analogue. And a6 also wins digitally from the zen stream. (I own the zen stream and bluesound, so ofcourse did the compare)

I was used to already better, and that is why I did not prefeer the A6. The A8 is the best sounding digital and analogue, hearable with headphones, and extremely hearable with a full hifi set. Hifi rose 130/150 sound better (but double the a8 price). In that regard the a8 is a bargain too.

I get really annoyed when people say there is not much difference. Between the a6/master and the A8. But it depends ofcourse what the rest of your system is. On my system it was very noticable at home. Electrostatic ESL martin logan and the dac tt2+mscaler, and a very good amp from musical fidelity. Switching between them a8 and a6 digital, was from going flat to hollographic sounding.
Really? You found differences between the A6 and the A8 as digital transport? Did you do a blind test I hope

Jan 6, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #534 of 815
Really? You found differences between the A6 and the A8 as digital transport? Did you do a blind test I hope
Power supply and the quality of oxco impacts the performance. No suprise that they sound different.

Jan 6, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #536 of 815
Yes I did, between a6 and a6 master it was small (digital wise). Analgue the a6 master is between the two.

A8 was not even hard to hear it, so only conclusion I can make it is te clocks AND the seperate power supplies.

You could get a a6 master and upgrade the lps, maybe you get almost same results. but then regarding price you are already very close to a8 territory.

I could just close my eyes listen, my wife switched a few times and every time I picked the difference without even trying hard. Even my wife heared it (and she does not care one bit about hifi)

(i had them all three at home, the shop borrowed them to me for 2 days, because they were closed on christmas, so that helped me out a lot to choose)

Technically I would say it should not have mattered that much, but it did!

I do have to say though, I used very very revealing hifi behind it (speakers, amp, dac all high end). So maybe on a simpeler set the difference is harder to hear.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #540 of 815
Yes, sure. That’s why the Eversolo has measured as completely transparent SINAD. Snake oil once again to scam audiophools
Whats that complete transparency that your talking about? Then a6 is the ultimate pure sound dac none of the other dacs can improve any further bit from that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back