Ever regret taking a "break" from head-fi?
Jul 24, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #16 of 38
I have had several breaks from Head-Fi during the years. The longest lasted 13 months, with several shorter ones in the range of 2-4 months in addition.
No regrets!
smile.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #19 of 38
Unfortunately, I tend to spend the most time here when I have the most free time, which usually corresponds to having the least free money. That is not a good combination!

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #20 of 38
I took a two year hiatus from head-fi but came back a month after the HF-2s were announced. Thank god for good timing
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #22 of 38
I always end up taking looong breaks out of consideration for my finances. I can't help noting the late join dates of most of the active people here.

Jul 24, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes a break from something...even something that you really enjoy...is needed to get a fresh perspective and to re-evaluate your priorities.

Exactly. Well said.

Jul 25, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by billybob_jcv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish I could convince my teenager to take a break from WoW...

"Huh. No. I don't know why the internet is broken/password protected all of a sudden. We'll get it looked at in a month or so."

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #27 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Huh. No. I don't know why the internet is broken/password protected all of a sudden. We'll get it looked at in a month or so."

*sigh* - yeah, I know - I've already got the access restrictions and time limits enabled on my router, and we lock him out based on his grades, etc. But, he's 17 and he has his own car - and he's more than willing to just head down to the local gaming center, where his buddies let him play for free. Yeah, I can take his keys away - and we've done that - but after a while it just get's ridiculous to treat a 17 year-old like he's 9. I think he's gonna be in for a rude awakening when he graduates from high school and is told to either get a job or get in college. He knows it's coming, but I suspect he thinks it won't really happen. We'll see...

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #28 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by billybob_jcv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish I could convince my teenager to take a break from WoW...

Give him a pair of headphones and some tubes. Maybe a turntable.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Maybe he'll end up scouring for used vinyl and handwashing discs you can borrow from his collection.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2009 at 6:08 AM Post #29 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had several breaks from Head-Fi during the years. The longest lasted 13 months, with several shorter ones in the range of 2-4 months in addition.
No regrets!
smile.gif

Dude, what do you consider a break? Posting only 15-20 times per day for a couple of weeks? C'mon, man! You've never really taken a break, have you?

I've tapered off quite a bit of late. I tend to post less when I'm traveling or am in the midst of a big project, both of which have been happening since this spring. But I still check in nearly every day, even if only as a beat cop.

Jul 25, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #30 of 38
If i took a break, my wife would think I was abducted by aliens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back