ever heard of this?
Nov 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #16 of 23

The chinese are expert when it comes to stealing other's ideas. 
tongue.gif
  No offense to chinese head-fier's, talking about the companies. 

hey im chinese and i cannot disagree even if i want to

May 11, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #17 of 23
I really love the SQ of the A970 that I sold my E12 because I hardly use it anymore. I run it with a Note 2 with ArmAmp (crossfeed on) / Denon / Noozy players with Nooxzoide app to replace the default DSP > USB OTG > E17 > A970 amp. 

I find the sound impressive though bulky as three boxes are stacked up together, but that never bothered me as I always carry a bag. The amp alone with the given DAP configuration has this airy and large soundstage, resolution and detail is definitely better than E12 (specially the SOUNDSTAGE). It also has a slight bump on the Mid-bass region, decay is better than any Fiio amp I've tried. and overall has a warm presentation (a little wee bit slower than E17's amp section as far as I can remember). Pairing it with a E17 assist in the amp department, driving almost all my HPs and gives more detail, separation, soundstage and positioning, it's very much transparent for me. 

To me it was a gear for the long run...until it was stolen. lol

P.S.
That set-up has been driving my PortaPro, Yamaha HPE-160, Audio Technica WS55/702, SR80, Sennheiser 555/518/429 with ease.

yeah man, we don't mind your review
tongue.gif

May 27, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #18 of 23
  I really love the SQ of the A970 that I sold my E12 because I hardly use it anymore. I run it with a Note 2 with ArmAmp (crossfeed on) / Denon / Noozy players with Nooxzoide app to replace the default DSP > USB OTG > E17 > A970 amp. 

I find the sound impressive though bulky as three boxes are stacked up together, but that never bothered me as I always carry a bag. The amp alone with the given DAP configuration has this airy and large soundstage, resolution and detail is definitely better than E12 (specially the SOUNDSTAGE). It also has a slight bump on the Mid-bass region, decay is better than any Fiio amp I've tried. and overall has a warm presentation (a little wee bit slower than E17's amp section as far as I can remember). Pairing it with a E17 assist in the amp department, driving almost all my HPs and gives more detail, separation, soundstage and positioning, it's very much transparent for me. 

To me it was a gear for the long run...until it was stolen. lol

P.S.
That set-up has been driving my PortaPro, Yamaha HPE-160, Audio Technica WS55/702, SR80, Sennheiser 555/518/429 with ease.

thanks for chiming in, i thought this thread died a long time ago. anyway, for the e17, i found it lacking power for my fostex t50rp, i didn't notice it until i drove it out of my ibasso dx100. i didn't a/b but that's what i felt like when listening through my dx100. but maybe planars are different.

May 29, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #19 of 23
thanks for chiming in, i thought this thread died a long time ago. anyway, for the e17, i found it lacking power for my fostex t50rp, i didn't notice it until i drove it out of my ibasso dx100. i didn't a/b but that's what i felt like when listening through my dx100. but maybe planars are different.

I reserve my planar and electret HPs to my desktop setup (E17>Bravo Audio V1).

I did give in and took these Line5 A910 because it was so inexpensive. First thing I notice that it hisses on high impedance HPs (40ohms or so)but not much at 40 below. Compared to V1, it has smaller soundstage with less detailing but neutral sounding, I find the V1 a bit bassy btw. I haven't spent much time yet on the A910 since I just recently got them, will add in as I go along with them.

May 30, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #20 of 23
I reserve my planar and electret HPs to my desktop setup (E17>Bravo Audio V1).

I did give in and took these Line5 A910 because it was so inexpensive. First thing I notice that it hisses on high impedance HPs (40ohms or so)but not much at 40 below. Compared to V1, it has smaller soundstage with less detailing but neutral sounding, I find the V1 a bit bassy btw. I haven't spent much time yet on the A910 since I just recently got them, will add in as I go along with them.

thanks for the impresson, nice to have someone comment on the thread who actually has the product in his hands.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back