Ever Bought Headphones based on someone else's Recommendation and they were NOTHING like u expected?
Mar 9, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #31 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know, not everybody can hear S-Logic
wink.gif

Not everyone's brain is fooled by S-Logic. I think that Ultrasone's marketing of it backfired TBO. Maybe some people are just fooled easily.
ksc75smile.gif

I can understand the Denons coming up quite often, maybe for a similar reason K701s do, that being the sound signature isn't what the person is looking for. I know to warn people now about the crazy, but fun bass in the Denons and the "your source must be damn good" for the AKGs.

Mar 9, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #35 of 39
Not really. Almost everyone agrees on the sound of most phones. (Grados are good for rock/can be piercing, K701s neutral and sterile, 650s warm...) Just read enough opinions to get a good sample size of the population and you will have a pretty good idea of what they sound like. Now, whether you like them or not is another story completely.

Mar 9, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe some people are just fooled easily.
ksc75smile.gif

ow it's on, IT'S ON!!!

Mar 9, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #37 of 39
I'm pretty new here but I have to admit that discussions regarding the Ultrasone have been very... curious suffice to say. Time to finally read up on that massive "There is something about the Ultrasone" thread.
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2009 at 7:15 AM Post #38 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally heard the Proline 2500 yesterday (apparently at the National meet I only heard the 2200ULE's). Using a Meridian G08 source & Rudistor NX-33 amp run together in a balanced configuration, the Ultrasones sounded horrible - completely muddy throughout the bass & midrange FR's and no highs. Unlistenable to these ears, and easily bested by Sennheiser HD600 and Beyerdynamic DT880's, both of which cost less.

Do yourself a favor, look elsewhere. Anywhere.

Oh, this is so going to be a fun ride.
popcorn.gif

Mar 9, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #39 of 39
hehe jpelg is actually an ultrasone fan since long so that backfired quite a bit
wink.gif

Currawong I am sure you meant that as a joke but I do believe it´s true. For some it works better with more adaption for me it´s a bit the other way around. I am getting used to it and I don´t get as good of a "surround effect" as when I was new to them. I have noticed I have to try other headphones to really get the same effect again but my brain soon recalibrates and is harder to fool again. But compared to the K701, A900 and other headphones with reportedly good positioning it´s quite a bit better really in 3d positioning so it´s definiatly more then a marketing gimmick.

I mean the guy behind Ultrasone really produced them around "S-logic" so there is a lot of research behind it. Means more for games/movies then music of course since most music isn´t using binaural mics when recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back