European meetup - post your ideas here
Jun 20, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #76 of 234
I will be able to take role in organization, but I´m from Czech Republic , which is quite far away(but we can make meet in Prague
smily_headphones1.gif
). But really for me first step is posting announcement on first page and some poll, we must start with this.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jun 22, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #78 of 234
I agree, if there is no interest to local HeadFie-ers organize meet, why anyone think about A-dam !

It is a nice place to visit anyway, but no one seems want to be a host there ...

I am located in Germany, and dunno if there is any members interested in organisation neer to Frankfurt ... Considering cheapo plane tickets @ this time, autobahn, good food - etc etc ...

Jul 29, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #80 of 234
Whereever that meet will be, best would be if the place for the meet is not too far from an international airport.

I wouldn't mind a meet in Prag as I really want to go there again, but London, Amsterdam, Lisabon etc. would be fine as well. Frankfurt sounds good too and to be honest would be my preverence
wink.gif

I know we got a bunch of germans on head-fi, but as quite a lot of germans spend (or should I say waste?
wink.gif
) their time on german boards they might prefer a local meet or get together instead of an EU meet.

As it looks like nobody could host such a meet, I guess the best option would be a hotel close to an international airport that got a few meeting rooms that could be used.

Aug 1, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #81 of 234
Seems this is going nowhere. Amsterdam appeared to be the choice, no-one has pressed on, now it's up in the air again. Realistically, head-fi'ers in different countries might as well concentrate on doing their own meets for now.

Aug 2, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #82 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems this is going nowhere. Amsterdam appeared to be the choice, no-one has pressed on, now it's up in the air again. Realistically, head-fi'ers in different countries might as well concentrate on doing their own meets for now.

Bah! Take your hat and eat it too!

I just got time for this and I'm planning to go over this tomorrow... To tired right now to start doing much...

Get ready to be kicked in the b***s and bring out your vendor wish lists and crew mentality course I'm getting ready to drag you all along, and make this happen, kicking or scream... its all the same to me
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 2, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #83 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamerphile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bah! Take your hat and eat it too!

I just got time for this and I'm planning to go over this tomorrow... To tired right now to start doing much...

Get ready to be kicked in the b***s and bring out your vendor wish lists and crew mentality course I'm getting ready to drag you all along, and make this happen, kicking or scream... its all the same to me
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hi there, i c y r from Denmark !

Where you plan to make THIS happen ?

I am in the middle of Germany - Schweinfurt ... I am interested in meet ... Not just with you LoL ...

Aug 2, 2009 at 9:31 AM Post #84 of 234
Hi all,
I would definitely come, if it takes place in Central Europe - Berlin or Frankfurt seem ideal to me. This way I can bring some of my gear.

Aug 2, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #85 of 234
Right guys so bring along all your friends... as it is now I hear a lot of people say Amsterdam and a lot saying a German location - if you German lot could team up and gather a planning and coordination group for a location there I think that would sway the votes as no Dutchmen seem to be able to do the trick:
So gather all your German friends hanging out on the German only sites and get them on here or if you are Dutch or live near by Amsterdam and still want that to happen you need to step up now.
The aim is spring/summer 2010 at the latest - this fall could be nice but by now is perhaps not so realistic...

I think most would agree that Amsterdam and main German locations are pretty close to one another. Reminds me... Gotta renew that passport
wink.gif

Aug 2, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #86 of 234
Just looking at naming options: Euro-Can, EHC 1 at [location], EHC 2010 [location]...

Reminds me if anyone is up for it we still need more people to look thought the members list on head-fi from around 1000 post and down and get people in on EHC... I'm going to try more on pushing this event around with location, crew and vendors... So if you have time to go thought lists and invite people please contact me or just start PM around...

Aug 3, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #88 of 234
I know the German headphone enthusiasts have meets pretty regular so they might be able to host the meetup.

However, how about team Brit (and others)? Are they all willing to make the trip to Germany? Amsterdam is more central though it's a shame no one has stepped up.

Aug 3, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #89 of 234
Great to see this thread moving again!
smile.gif

I do not care all that much about the location, as long as it is easily reachable by flights from Oslo. Be it Amsterdam, Hamburg, Berlin, London, e.l.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back