European meetup - post your ideas here
Aug 5, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #106 of 234
If you need any help I might have a few contacts in the business and I would love to be part of a European meet.

Germany is fine with me - anywhere.

Aug 5, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #107 of 234
It should be easy to have the local European vendors attending - right?:

Sennheiser
Beyerdynamic
AKG
Ultrasone

Rudi Stor
Jan Meier
Qables

Aug 5, 2009 at 9:32 AM Post #108 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by rasmushorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It should be easy to have the local European vendors attending - right?:

Sennheiser
Beyerdynamic
AKG
Ultrasone

Rudi Stor
Jan Meier
Qables

Like we can see, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Ultrasone - are from - Germany ...
AKG - Austria
Jan Meier, Borbely Audio, WBT, Mundorf etc - are from - Germany
Neutrik - Liechtenstein
Rudi Stor is in Trieste - North Italy
Qables - Holland

This is one of reasons why i sugest Germany is the best choice for meet, but - come out i am arogant ...

What ever, i am out of this topic !

Aug 5, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #110 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but one major down side to germany is i dare say not terribly many head-fiers speak german

however its going to be held wherever someone willing to organise it lives

Oh, is that mean ONLY USA and ENGLAND and couple more ENGLISH speaking countries are good for meet ?

Or you travel only 50 miles around your home - never been in foreign country ?

I think you should edit your post ... cuz THATS arogant ...

Aug 5, 2009 at 10:37 AM Post #111 of 234
erm its simply a fact, its an english speaking forum so duh have a guess whats going to be the most popular language spoken here?

oh also its the most commonly understood language on earth and the most common official language too so by couple more i assume you mean half the planet.

Aug 5, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #113 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but one major down side to germany is i dare say not terribly many head-fiers speak german

Guess that mean Amsterdam, Paris e.l. is out as well..
frown.gif

Cause there are less dutch (284) and french (213) than German (362) members around here (counting by Members list -> Location that is..).

Of course an English speaking country would be favorable for most of us, language wise. But that limit us to UK, Ireland, Malta and Gibraltar only...
wink.gif

Aug 5, 2009 at 10:47 AM Post #114 of 234
Look you guys need to play nice - we are all on the same team of fun here...

komi >> mark2410 and pratically anyone else have said this before and I'm going to repeate it again - unless someone steps up locally to plan the parts that can't be done much about form a distance there is a good chance there not gonna be a meet up. No-one is saying anything about for or against one contry (in case one do you would be acting against the forum eula and should be expected a ban).
Claim down and chillax...
wink.gif

Oh and the options of having one major sponsor making room for the event at their site (a relatively free gesture) could be on the table but it definatly have its negative faces in my opinion so I consider that a last resort.

Aug 5, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #116 of 234
Right, thing is - this is english speaking forum, and meet is for members of this forum, and all of them speak english !

Seems like problem is something else ...

I will try to find some guys from Germany to try to organize German meet ... Everyone else is welcome ...

I am out from here, will open new topic - "German Meet" !

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #117 of 234
All the European members here speak good enough English ( All the threads are in English ) So I can't see why any country should be a problem.

Almost all hotel, bar staff etc will speak basic English in any major city.

I've got no problem with it being held anywhere, but like gamerphile keeps saying, Somebody will have to step up as organiser and that is where it will be held.

Aug 5, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #118 of 234
Yep and that is where we keep hitting the wall. Someone needs to step up. I think I will go ahead and look for some German members in the German head-enthusiast forum. Like I said, they have meets regularly (from what I hear) and they might be able to host something a little bigger.
If that is the case, it shouldn't be hard to convince let's say Meier Audio or Sennheiser EU. I will try to find some people willing to help here. I'll also send an e-mail to Meier Audio.

FWIW, don't let the language-thing scare you. Every Dutchman can get round in English and also the Germans have no real problems with English. It doesn't even matter as well, we all speak one language anyway.
wink.gif

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #119 of 234
I'm working on a plan with some of my locals buts right now its more a secondary idea.... stay tuned in October if nothing else happens... BTW already on my way with Sennheiser since I had to contact the Nordic and such for the danish meetup in October anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back