European meetup - post your ideas here
Aug 24, 2009 at 9:16 AM Post #136 of 234
How about Amsterdam Westerpark? Close to Central Station (10min by bus) and a lovely park surrounding it.Westergasfabriek (not the most English friendly site but click 'Engels' on the right
tongue.gif
)

I don't know the kind of budget involved in this stuff, but the 'Machinegebouw' with 275m2 + 60m2 is €2700 for first day and €1700 for additional days. The 'Gashouder' would be an amazing place with some nice decor and stuff, but at €10000 for the first day and €9000 for following days we'd need lots of people or good sponsors.

Many other options of course, mostly hotels. One that comes to mind is the Krasnapolsky (placed right in the middle of Amsterdam, on the Dam) has meeting space but I don't know the price.

For any real steps we probably need an estimate of number of people, aimed entry price, idea of sponsors etc. I want this to happen and think I can help, but I have zero experience and not a lot of time since I'm in my final year of study.

Aug 24, 2009 at 12:13 PM Post #137 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about Amsterdam Westerpark? Close to Central Station (10min by bus) and a lovely park surrounding it.Westergasfabriek (not the most English friendly site but click 'Engels' on the right
tongue.gif
)

I don't know the kind of budget involved in this stuff, but the 'Machinegebouw' with 275m2 + 60m2 is €2700 for first day and €1700 for additional days. The 'Gashouder' would be an amazing place with some nice decor and stuff, but at €10000 for the first day and €9000 for following days we'd need lots of people or good sponsors.

Many other options of course, mostly hotels. One that comes to mind is the Krasnapolsky (placed right in the middle of Amsterdam, on the Dam) has meeting space but I don't know the price.

For any real steps we probably need an estimate of number of people, aimed entry price, idea of sponsors etc. I want this to happen and think I can help, but I have zero experience and not a lot of time since I'm in my final year of study.

Sounds nice with all these ideas - We have a few guys here who how ever are not locals who have some experience with this sort of endeavor but first we need to lock on to a site and that means you locals needs to team up. GuyDeBord said there was a local meet in holland where that would be discussed if you guys could gather a few people for a local group. If you do its pretty much win by default as nether English or German EHC members have been able to show any assembly so far.
Thought I've heard that a few other Danes are willing to help me out Copenhagen is not so ideal geographically so thats a last resort option.

Aug 24, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #138 of 234
BTW I'm thinking a place with several smaller rooms and hall would be best to isolate the sounds a bit...

Also I'm not sure how well sponsors would like a multi day event - especially the smaller onces that might be hard enough to pull there. Even thought that could bump the total visitor number a bit.

Aug 24, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #139 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyDebord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be attending a local mini meet soon, we will discuss it and immediately post the agreed possibilities...

Any more info about the mini-meet? Will there be an open thread or just in the Dutch sub group? I already signed up for the NL group, you just need to accept me
smile.gif

Sep 24, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #140 of 234
Quote:

Any more info about the mini-meet? Will there be an open thread or just in the Dutch sub group? I already signed up for the NL group, you just need to accept me
smile.gif

I'm very interested in this too! couldn't find anything in the search.

But a European meet would really be great. Unfortunatlyl i'm not in the position to help and organize. Sorry guys!

Oct 30, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #145 of 234
Quote:

Meeting November 8th, we'll see what we can come up with
smile.gif

Sorry but could you elaborate a bit more. 8th Nov where exactly? I am sorry if a miss any previous post on it.

Thanks

Oct 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #146 of 234
Dutchies meeting in the Netherlands, see what we can think of to get it organized here
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #148 of 234
thanks guys.

I am not able to join you on the 8th
frown.gif
as I am scheduled to go to Lisbon for the next weekend otherwise I would meet you. I am currently looking for a best amp for my Denon ahd 5000 and I saw that people will bring a lot of gear. It would have been perfect to try possible options and to exchange views.

Have fun and I will be looking forward to get news after the gathering (latter you may want to post some pics
smily_headphones1.gif
). Hopefully it will be the first of many to come.

Thanks

Oct 31, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #149 of 234
It's meant as a Dutch meeting (not that you would not be welcome
wink.gif
) where we can discuss options for organizing the big European meet.

Oct 31, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #150 of 234
Quote:

It's meant as a Dutch meeting (not that you would not be welcome
wink.gif
) where we can discuss options for organizing the big European meet.

That's great. Expecting news and proposals for the Big Europe round. Any ideas already in terms of locations and possible dates? Maybe to soon as you will discuss it on the 8th.

I saw that you have the Graham Slee: Solo/PSU1. How do you think it would match with the Denon ahd 5000? The PSU1 makes a significant diference from the one without it?

I know that this is not a threat about specific gear but I could not miss the chance to get an informed view on this as I am looking to improve my amp and one serious candidate could be the Solo/PSU1.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back