European meetup - post your ideas here
May 16, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #61 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would rock! This is gonna be the first head-fi meet that I'm able to attend
biggrin.gif

I know. I am pretty excited as well. If this meet really is for real it is going to be my first meet as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amsterdam being good is all fine and well to say but unless you get something who's very very keen and more importantly, able, along with a couple of others to spearhead it, it'll come to nowt.

That is true, yes. Anyways I have sent a PM to Hans (Qables). Let's hope he chimes in. Also in about a month or so I have way too long vacation so I can probably help a lot. Haven't ever organized anything like this though.

Well, keep the ideas rolling.

May 16, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #62 of 234
Okay. So yesterday Hans posted in in an old Dutch head-fi meet topic (click to read entire post):
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I am (ab-)using this thread to reach as much as possible Dutch Headfiers.

This years 'big' Head Fi meet that I intended to organise has been put on ice for the time being. Mainly due to the recession and also my quite busy private live (marriage
wink.gif
).

<snip>

Hans Oosterwaal.

May 16, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #63 of 234
Okay unless someone strongly protests I'd say we just go forward with operation "Holland" and get a core group going.

First things first: We need to recruit all the locals possible and appoint a handler or handlers of sorts thats responsible to keep the strings together with the local team.

Secondly we need to define more clearly what we want from this including size: something smaller/casual or try getting enough vendors with a wallet + interesting toys and try attract a larger crowd? - The later I'd be a bit hesitantly with since it requires a lot of time and structure and we are almost all first timers with this.

3. The local team needs to spot some locations.

4. We need to have an international core team and distribute some responsibilities like funding/economics, vendor and manufacturer coordination, logistics, PR for both the event and to get more to help etc...

I should have time over the summer my self...

May 20, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #64 of 234
I'm happy to help out, but I'm quite busy and I don't know Amsterdam too well. The only place I've been for conferences is the Sheraton at Schiphol Airport. It's a great place (convenient, nice rooms, good service, etc, etc) but I find it quite expensive. Prices start at €62,50 per person for 8 hours...

I'm willing to look around for conference rooms and hotels, but I need some kind of budget. I have no clue how much it usually costs and how much we can expect from sponsors. Anyone any ideas?

May 25, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #65 of 234
Bumpety-bump!
Anyone down there willing to take the lead role?

May 25, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #67 of 234
Don't know what your tentative timeline is, but I'll be moving to Berlin in Jan and would love to attend the first EU meet. Is this something you're looking at for next year?

May 26, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #68 of 234
Still busy, but hopefully I am gonna make it this time
smily_headphones1.gif

btw. Hi all!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #69 of 234
^ Man how time flies!
Just noticed that its been 5 months since last time you posted..

May 26, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #70 of 234
Yea, I stopped posting after I noticed I am not gonna catch you no matter how hard I try
wink.gif

Working 10 hours and studying in the evening hours certainly doesn't let me spend much time around here. At least the Stax do not collect too much dust.

But back to the topic, what about you taking the lead role?
smily_headphones1.gif
(and do all the work)
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #72 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by smuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But back to the topic, what about you taking the lead role?
smily_headphones1.gif
(and do all the work)
smily_headphones1.gif

He he
I would have been pleased to take the lead role, but sadly I don't live in or around Amsterdam, Hamburg, Frankfurt, London, or like. We have the facilities up here (international airport, hotels, conference centers, ..), but too few local Head-Fi'ers.
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #73 of 234
So, I will wote for Amsterdam, beacause it is cheaper than London, and it can be easily reach by car. I suggest to post something about this meet on main page of head-fi, and then make search on how many peole will come(after that, we can firm up how big it should be).
Then with vendors(I think this is word for them in english, just companies), in Prague we have every year exhibition of high end audio, where is local distibutors of audio(for example one company cover Sennheiser benchmark and Denon).

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jun 20, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #75 of 234
^ Since you live down there, perhaps you should take the role as the lead organizer?
That is the first hurtle we need to cross before moving on further...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back