European meetup - post your ideas here
May 5, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #46 of 234
I can help after June 3, it's only a thirty minute to one hour trip to Amsterdam.

Man, if Almere were a good location to get to, I totally would have had the space for it.

May 5, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #47 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not near Amsterdam and am currently busy with my finals. I am sure I can help with some things though. Contact me.
smily_headphones1.gif

FWIW though I know Hans (Qables) was planning a meet any of these days... Hmm...

hummm.... that's interesting. maybe we can get him in the thread to see if he is interested?

May 6, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #48 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIW though I know Hans (Qables) was planning a meet any of these days... Hmm...

Yeah, when you say so I remember reading about it around new-year. Perhaps you, or someone else around there, can get in contact with him, finding out how far he has come planning it?

May 11, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #50 of 234
Registering my interest. London or Amsterdam sound best options to me, can't fail to have a good time in either place!

May 11, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #52 of 234
just a thought, why contact some major sellers, senn prob biggest and tell them about this, if they get it in a location of thier choosing they might well cough up funds and toys to play with while there.

like say having it in senns HD800 place of production? that could be kinda cool

May 14, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #53 of 234
Wow it is great to see this thread! Greetings from CanJam LAX, I'd love to see a unified European meet and think you'd get a handful of folks from the USA to pop over.

If you are planning on a decent sized meet say 50-100 for the first time out of the gate there are a few things that you need to have (IMHO).

1) decent sized local group that has held meets before.

2) ability to get vendor community to come out (they finance the lion's share of the meet costs).

3) members that will cart their rigs to a meet

4) relatively inexpensive meet space and hotel lodging , this is a huge one

5) someone stupid enough to organize it
tongue.gif

May 14, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #54 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow it is great to see this thread! Greetings from CanJam LAX, I'd love to see a unified European meet and think you'd get a handful of folks from the USA to pop over.

If you are planning on a decent sized meet say 50-100 for the first time out of the gate there are a few things that you need to have (IMHO).

1) decent sized local group that has held meets before.

2) ability to get vendor community to come out (they finance the lion's share of the meet costs).

3) members that will cart their rigs to a meet

4) relatively inexpensive meet space and hotel lodging , this is a huge one

5) someone stupid enough to organize it
tongue.gif

Hola mate. Thanks for the tips - would be really neat if any of you guys would come all the way over the pond.

May 14, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #56 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone approached John Willet, Sennheiser UK sponser who regularly posts on this forum?

No need - already know the guy and he's already a member
wink.gif
Don't worry about that bit... When ever we settle on something I'll make sure we squeeze all the headphone juice out of the Sennheiser and related thats possible to squeeze...

May 15, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #59 of 234
That would rock! This is gonna be the first head-fi meet that I'm able to attend
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #60 of 234
Amsterdam being good is all fine and well to say but unless you get something who's very very keen and more importantly, able, along with a couple of others to spearhead it, it'll come to nowt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back