European meetup - post your ideas here
Apr 26, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #31 of 234
i would personally probably only be able to make UK destinations.. its alot of faff and alot more expensive if i cant drive..

the only other place i personally could get to is netherlands, via ferry but unlikely

or, how about ibiza? :p

Apr 27, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #32 of 234
Ibiza would be a bit difficult, but Palma de Mallorca could be a great place to meet. Easy to reach from all europe, cheap flights, a lot of hotels, good weather, beaches, spanish nightlife...

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #33 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosgp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ibiza would be a bit difficult, but Palma de Mallorca could be a great place to meet. Easy to reach from all europe, cheap flights, a lot of hotels, good weather, beaches, spanish nightlife...

think it would be hard to keep people from staying indoors to listen to audio equipment, but it is beautiful there. worried about sweaty earphones! lol!

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #34 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosgp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually not a bad idea, A great City with lots of city centre hotels with conference facilities etc. plus due to the fact is is a holiday island lots of cheap tourist flights from all the major European cities. The airport is only a couple of minutes from the centre.

Also a lot easier if you want to bring the wife/family they will have loads of things to do, and you could always extend the trip and have a few days on the beach.

Defiantly one for the short list.

Apr 30, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #35 of 234
Don't seem promising!
I am more than willing to help out, but being more or less the sole Head-Fi'er in Oslo its too major of a task for me to arrange something like this on my own up here. So I vote for mainland Europe...

May 1, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #37 of 234
I think we should narrow it down to 3 or 4 major cities and then make a poll.
Amsterdam, London, Berlin and ... ?

May 2, 2009 at 10:51 AM Post #40 of 234
I want to reiterate that personally I'd like the option of driving to the meet, since I anticipate lugging lots of gear with me. In terms of driving distances London is farther away than Amsterdam for most people, except for the UK residents and the Southwestern Europeans where London is around 100 km closer. Flight prices is a toss-up from what I can tell.

For the time being my vote is on Amsterdam.

May 2, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #41 of 234
Please don't forget that in 2009 we still have the transportation device called a "train".
It can get you anywhere, even if you have lots of luggage. Every self respecting city (the big ones) have huge train terminals, so that's a plus. Also, it isn't that expensive too
smily_headphones1.gif

But again, I think we should make a poll with London, Amsterdam and possibly a third city.

May 2, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #42 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But again, I think we should make a poll with London, Amsterdam and possibly a third city.

Okay, Okay... I get the message... Will look into a pole
icon10.gif

Question what would be relevant information?
Cities disregarded - reasoning for both poll choices and disregard?
Others...
Also please help state or collect info for above.

Have a nice day and thanks for all the fish

May 2, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #43 of 234
Nah, not to shove it somebody's throat, but that is just what I think is the handiest way of choosing the city.
Otherwise you get the Amsterdam, Amsterdam/London, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Oslo, Ibiza and other answers, which frankly aren't helping. Too much unuseful answers.
To qualify the city has to have a airport nearby, is easily accessible via car and a big train terminal so each form of transportation can get to the chosen destination without lots of complications.
Amsterdam has a great public transportation service and is very cheap.
I've heard the same about London, but I have no experience with it.

May 4, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #45 of 234
I am not near Amsterdam and am currently busy with my finals. I am sure I can help with some things though. Contact me.
smily_headphones1.gif

FWIW though I know Hans (Qables) was planning a meet any of these days... Hmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back