Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Aug 21, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #512 of 1,388
How long has it taken for those in the US to receive the amp once the order is placed?
I am now at 1 month and 1 week. My order has not shipped.
But when I asked about an ETA, a shipping label was printed. But Polland Post has not received the item after 1week, so it’s the “let’s print a label” to pacify the customer trick, most likely.

Aug 21, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #513 of 1,388
But when I asked about an ETA, a shipping label was printed. But Polland Post has not received the item after 1week, so it’s the “let’s print a label” to pacify the customer trick, most likely.
I don't like that.

If its specified up front or within a timely manner, that he's backed up or delayed, I don't mind waiting but I especially hate this kind of dishonesty. I've worked in online sales running ecommerce sites, ebay and amazon accounts in the past and I was always up front with the customers, offered a discount for back orders with a long wait or let them know in advance it will be delayed.

He seems like a nice guy and I want to give him my business but these kind of things turn me off and have discouraged me from pulling the trigger.

Would greatly appreciate updates with your order.

Aug 21, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #514 of 1,388
I don't like that.

If its specified up front or within a timely manner, that he's backed up or delayed, I don't mind waiting but I especially hate this kind of dishonesty. I've worked in online sales running ecommerce sites, ebay and amazon accounts in the past and I was always up front with the customers, offered a discount for back orders with a long wait or let them know in advance it will be delayed.

He seems like a nice guy and I want to give him my business but these kind of things turn me off and have discouraged me from pulling the trigger.

Would greatly appreciate updates with your order.

Like you, I can accept any delay if it's explained honestly.

He seems like a nice guy and I have no reason to fear he won't deliver the product I ordered, but it's not the ideal buying experience.

I'll keep you posted. If on Tuesday, Polland Post has not received the package, I will contact him again.

Aug 22, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #515 of 1,388

Did you order a custom build? Perhaps Wieslaw is waiting on parts?

It is not hard to keep the customer in the loop. Build progress photos and regular emails would help alleviate buyer's anxiety.
Realistic delivery estimates also help. :rolling_eyes:

Aug 23, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #516 of 1,388

Same here in that he emailed the tracking link pretty early and actual shipment did not happen 1-2 weeks later. Can be viewed as a trick or simply a not so streamlined ordering process. Transparency is the one thing a lot of businesses lack. Based on my satisfying experience Wieslaw / your order will come through. A little slack he deserves.

Sep 1, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #517 of 1,388
Yes, it did arrive today.
Extremely well packaged too.

So, he must be very busy and doing everything on his own, which may lead to communication gaps. I understand.

The amp has a very nice build. Good craftsmanship.

Initial test revealed a low pop sound at random intervals. (the kind of sound you get when pausing the input signal)

Gonna let it play on its own for a few hours and see if it goes away. Maybe those Miflex KPCU capacitors need some time to settle.

Sep 5, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #518 of 1,388
Considering sending the H5 back to Wieslaw for another upgrade. Change output capacitors from electrolytes to
polypropylene ones, but this means replacing the housing with a larger
one. I still want a little bit more control on the bass. The H22 seems to have this by default.

Sep 5, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #521 of 1,388
Amplifier has finally arrived! It did go Surface (sea mail) - hence the long wait.

Wiesław certainly packs well - amplifier was completely encased in bubble wrap. Box showed minimal damage after its voyage to Australia.

All connected, powered up and listening via HD800S.
Initial impressions - zero channel imbalance; dead quiet; tube sockets are tight, front socket incredibly tight; light oak chassis is super clean.

Sep 6, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #522 of 1,388
Considering sending the H5 back to Wieslaw for another upgrade. Change output capacitors from electrolytes to
polypropylene ones, but this means replacing the housing with a larger
one. I still want a little bit more control on the bass. The H22 seems to have this by default.
Which caps are you considering (or is Wieslaw suggesting)?

Sep 7, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #525 of 1,388
I don’t know how large (uF) these caps need to be in a H5, but in my H16M they are 90 uF each. As far as I can tell the largest Vcap CuTf is 2 uF, and is priced at €675/each. Largest V-Cap ODAM appears to be 47 uF, and is priced at €235/each. This capacitor upgrade could become rather costly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back