Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Sep 7, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #526 of 1,391
Yes, that's right, thanks for the reminder.
It's best to open and look inside and then go to the Vcap page and see if they are available.

Shipping-wise there are no problems, I ordered 2 times from them when I tuned my Feliks Euforia amplifier to them.
625$ would be a bit much for the small H5.
But I find 90uf a bit strange for the H5.

Otherwise there are other manufacturers who are git.
Paper/wax capacitors aren't bad either, they dry out at some point, which is a disadvantage, but otherwise they're also solid.
I think Duelund make some and they are supposed to be close to the Vcaps.

Sep 8, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #527 of 1,391
Quoted price for the output caps change and a bigger housing is 140 euros without shipping. I'm still debating getting the upgrade. Will it make a difference ? What I am looking for is improving the bass control and cleaning it up. I'm selling my Elise and really the H5 is just just lacking that last 10% in terms of overall sound that I am looking for

Sep 8, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #528 of 1,391
Hmm,
What can I say?
The Elise certainly has a better quality implementation than the H5.
I would say so.

If I'm honest, I'll keep the Elise and grade it with the Vcaps on the 6sn7 with CuTf or TFTF and on the 6AS7G with the Vcaps Odam.
The installed Mundorf are clearly worse when you compare them.

I did it on the Euforia with the TFTF and Odam and no longer look back.
It was another leap forward - even lesser tubes ran better.
The slight top end distortion I had was completely gone with the Odams.
Also only the coas on the 6sn7 socket are worthwhile, I can say that because I did the conversion in 2 stages.
That was unfortunately a bit stupid of me, because both need a good 400h until the caps are there.

If you already had the Milfex in the H5 and there are no better caps on the market in terms of specs.
Then upgrading the Elise would be a costly but worthwhile thing to do.

The TFTF are neutral and go in the direction of Mundorf or are the better Mundorfs.
The CuTF are supposed to be warmer but still neutral but more expensive.
The TFTFs will also be discontinued and are already no longer manufactured, purely for information.
They are also being offered cheaply on the Vcaps site.

It's your decision in the end, but I would also say that the H5 is certainly great with its upgrade possibility, but overall it's a bit limited in that respect.
For the classic beginner and enthusiast without a doubt a good entry level amp.

Sep 8, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #529 of 1,391
Quoted price for the output caps change and a bigger housing is 140 euros without shipping. I'm still debating getting the upgrade. Will it make a difference ? What I am looking for is improving the bass control and cleaning it up. I'm selling my Elise and really the H5 is just just lacking that last 10% in terms of overall sound that I am looking for
If H22M is a beefed up dual mono version of H5, perhaps the toroidal transformer mentioned by zarkow a few posts back could be a feasible upgrade. Just because Wieslaw hasn't mentioned it, doesn’t mean it can’t be done, perhaps he picked the ‘easy’ upgrade (or the least expensive) for you.

Oct 1, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #532 of 1,391
I am between the LYR 3 older version or the H5 headphone amp from Eufonika. Was wondering what you all thought before i pull the buy trigger.

I am not going to lie im leaning far more towards the H5

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-01 121305.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-01 121305.png
    335.6 KB · Views: 0
Oct 15, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #540 of 1,391

Users who are viewing this thread

Back