Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Aug 11, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #498 of 1,388
@slex : If you mean minor customization of an existing design the mentioned 4-5 weeks seem realistic. If you are talking about an all-new design that Wieslaw hasn’t build before, expect quite a bit longer.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #499 of 1,388
It been over two months since my custom H5 Miflex left Poland on its way to Australia :sleeping:

I bought several headphone amplifiers locally whilst waiting…

Aug 11, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #504 of 1,388
@slex : If you mean minor customization of an existing design the mentioned 4-5 weeks seem realistic. If you are talking about an all-new design that Wieslaw hasn’t build before, expect quite a bit longer.
Know wonder, ok. It's all-new design with 5 tubes. Thanks.

Aug 11, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #505 of 1,388
Aug 11, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #506 of 1,388
Did you try tracking it at Poczta Polska?

Poczta Polska is the only tracking information I can get.

The tracking number only appears as Pending with Australia Post as it is now over 2 months old.

Aug 12, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #507 of 1,388
Poczta Polska is the only tracking information I can get.

The tracking number only appears as Pending with Australia Post as it is now over 2 months old.
I think you should get Wieslaw to file a claim with Poczta Polska, so that they can start investigating what has happened to the package. From reading a few (not very favourable) user comments about Australia Post it is likely that it has actaully arrived there, but hasn’t been registered yet. Perhaps an official Poczta Polska inquiry will speed things up. Packages get lost all the time, so it could be lost also, but even then Wieslaw would need to file this claim to eventually collect whatever insurance amount is allocated to the shipment. Knowing how international postal insurance works this would likely make him loose quite a bit of money, but that isn’t your problem. It is possible to insure packages for the full amount to most countries, however with the his ‘Free shipping’ offer I doubt that is the case here. It is always the sender that needs to file the claim, not the recipient, and with 2 months without any trace of the package, I think it is time.

Aug 12, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #508 of 1,388
Wieslaw is filing a claim. I hate it when post/shipping goes wrong - everyone loses.
There is still some hope that it may be found. I've had parcels go on incredible "holidays" before finally arriving at their destination. :fingers_crossed:

Aug 12, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #509 of 1,388
Yes, it is frustrating when things go wrong, and with shipping it is close to being a statistical inevitability. Domestically insurance usually covers, but internationally it's a joke, and most people are not aware.

This is how indemnity is calculated: SDR (special drawing rights) 40 per postal item, plus SDR 4.50 per kg, plus postage. 1 SDR = 1.4290 USD.

So, if the shipment is 6 kg, it is insured for only $84 (+postage) once it leaves the sender's country. It doesn't matter what the real value is, or what value is put on the customs declaration.

Some national postal services offer full international insurance at an additional charge. I am not 100% sure, but expect the major courier services will have full insurance baked into their prices.

Aug 12, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #510 of 1,388
How long has it taken for those in the US to receive the amp once the order is placed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back