Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Feb 21, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #751 of 1,388
Well, I am very happy to announce Wieslaw is going to begin working on this amp for me at a very reasonable price!

This type of capability built into an amp is going to be amazing IMHO. Essentially, seems he's just gonna take the H5M and build these modifications/capabilities into that, which is exactly what I was looking for actually!

Will end up having two voltage regulators with digital displays built-in, which I will be able to adjust within a 2V-30V range, which suits my needs just perfectly. Also, discussed the need to have it be able to run dual Type 24 inputs + 6336/6528 output, which is quite a bit of current to handle there, which would be the very high end of current from any combo of input/output tubes I will be running.

I really can't wait to be able to get rid of these ugly adapters with wires running to my external PS, super eyesore, but I am glad I did this, otherwise there would be many tubes I would have never tried - so in the end, it was all worth it.

Thanks
Agree with the point about aesthetics- after a while you tire of all the ugly wires and connections.But it is a very good learning experience and allows you to find great sounding inexpensive tubes as well as safely running your amp on much more power than it was designed for.

Feb 21, 2023 at 8:25 PM Post #752 of 1,388
So will you be able to run the input at one voltage and output at another?
Yep, that is the idea - basically, take what I do from the outside with an external PS with two separate voltage regulators, one for each input and output, and build that capability into the amp.

Feb 23, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #753 of 1,388
Does anybody here use their Eufonika amp with efficient headphones? Think Grado's.

I have messaged the owner several times over several different channels in the last month via email, eBay and yesterday, Etsey.

I see on a chart that he has one amp recommended for as low as 40 Ohms. Thinking about a bit of customization.

Thanks!
Might be too late to reply to this. But I'm using all low impedance/high efficiency headphones; focal elegia, celestee, klipsch hp3, sennheiser hd599se, phillips clone hd600, fostex t50rp - all sound great - with the h5 stock eufonika.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #756 of 1,388
Haven't heard the h22m but for starters, it's got half the output impedance so it should sound tighter and faster than the h5m. More in line with Feliks offerings
Or... one could use a pair of CV4079s in the H5 with half the output impedance of the brutish 6080/6AS7, with almost 1A less heater current. While perceiving a more transparent, inviting presentation. But, no one would want that. :sweat_smile:

Feb 23, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #757 of 1,388
Or... one could use a pair of CV4079s in the H5 with half the output impedance of the brutish 6080/6AS7, with almost 1A less heater current. While perceiving a more transparent, inviting presentation. But, no one would want that. :sweat_smile:
Reminds me, I got the actual A2293 tubes in, with the square getter and the famous GEC sticker/emblem, lol.. and I personally can't hear much of a difference between those and the CV4079 tubes - but, the GEC emblem on the tube is nice to see - however, glad I paid the same price Langrex is selling his CV4079 tubes for. Oh, the A2293 glass envelope is taller than the CV4079 envelope as well.

Feb 23, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #758 of 1,388
Reminds me, I got the actual A2293 tubes in, with the square getter and the famous GEC sticker/emblem, lol.. and I personally can't hear much of a difference between those and the CV4079 tubes - but, the GEC emblem on the tube is nice to see - however, glad I paid the same price Langrex is selling his CV4079 tubes for. Oh, the A2293 glass envelope is taller than the CV4079 envelope as well.
I have an early 60s pair of A2293s and unfortunately, they do sound better than 70s CV4079s.

However, the 70s CV4079s sound better to me than almost any 6AS76080/5998/7236. For most music, I prefer the cheap and cheerful 6BX7s to the monster AC motor regulator tubes.

When 4-6mAs can achieve deafening levels into efficient high impedance phones, I just don't feel the need for output tubes that smash one's face with 80+mA of current. 🤣

Feb 23, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #759 of 1,388
I have an early 60s pair of A2293s and unfortunately, they do sound better than 70s CV4079s.

However, the 70s CV4079s sound better to me than almost any 6AS76080/5998/7236. For most music, I prefer the cheap and cheerful 6BX7s to the monster AC motor regulator tubes.

When 4-6mAs can achieve deafening levels into efficient high impedance phones, I just don't feel the need for output tubes that smash one's face with 80+mA of current. 🤣
Idk man, I love my 6336 output tubes sporting 400mA lol.. by far, my favorite output for the H5M (FYI: external PS used for heaters for anyone reading this - do not do this with stock H5M, you will likely have major problems on you hands)

1677194959468.png

Feb 23, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #761 of 1,388
I am not allowed to speak of ACV22934079GEC tubes. Some are different from others, enough to make them better in some applications. Maybe absolutely.
Heat is often an enemy. Not with those I don't speak of. :sunglasses:
lol, I grant you permission to speak on said tubes!

Also, maybe mine need some burn in time - the pair is NOS/NIB and I have probably only ran them about 3 maybe 4 hours. Will let them burn in overnight and see if I notice any changes.

Feb 23, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #762 of 1,388
lol, I grant you permission to speak on said tubes!

Also, maybe mine need some burn in time - the pair is NOS/NIB and I have probably only ran them about 3 maybe 4 hours. Will let them burn in overnight and see if I notice any changes.
Only get into their good groove after a solid 500+ hours of playing time or 50 hours of confirmation bias. Whichever happens first. 🤣

Feb 23, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #764 of 1,388
Only get into their good groove after a solid 500+ hours of playing time or 50 hours of confirmation bias. Whichever happens first. 🤣
Ahh, I can hear exactly what I don't "like" about them compared to my other outputs (CV4079 and A2293) - will be able to tell if that "issue" goes away or not. Quotes around those key words, as they aren't necessarily issues or things that others might not like, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back