Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Feb 23, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #766 of 1,388
I can say as much as that they are almost as good as better tubes if such tubes exist which is a matter of opinion and not science.
My source of 1961 CV4079 also sells A2293 with halo getters. My A2293 tubes have square getters and are 'airier' than CV4079. One of them is branded Teonex!

Feb 23, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #767 of 1,388
Slam it 'till you drop?! Hope you have a good audiologist. 🤣
Seriously, the 5A 6336/6528 tubes have more slam and punch, and not to the detriment of your hearing…
But you must use them with external power unless your amp can handle 13A or so.
They also help to bring out the bass in planar headphones (based on reading).

Feb 24, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #770 of 1,388
Seriously, the 5A 6336/6528 tubes have more slam and punch, and not to the detriment of your hearing…
But you must use them with external power unless your amp can handle 13A or so.
They also help to bring out the bass in planar headphones (based on reading).
Nah... not for me. If I want punch and slam, I can get that at home - tell my wife I'm buying a pallet of tubes from @bcowen's hoard stash collection. :sweat_smile:

Why do you think that the 6336 tube is rated for 60,000 feet with cooling? (Note 2)
https://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/077/6/6336B.pdf
I see your high altitude glass furnace and raise you a 7241: http://frank.yueksel.org/sheets/127/7/7241.pdf 🥵 🤣

Feb 24, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #771 of 1,388
Nah... not for me. If I want punch and slam, I can get that at home - tell my wife I'm buying a pallet of tubes from @bcowen's hoard stash collection. :sweat_smile:

I see your high altitude glass furnace and raise you a 7241: http://frank.yueksel.org/sheets/127/7/7241.pdf 🥵 🤣
Wow - did not know about the 7.5A 7241 tube! -Essentially a quad of 6080 tubes in one envelope. Would love to try it, but I have a rule that the tubes cannot cost more than the amp so I guess that the 7241 is out of range.
The 6336/6528 tubes are significantly less, even allowing for recent price increases.

Feb 24, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #772 of 1,388
Wow - did not know about the 7.5A 7241 tube! -Essentially a quad of 6080 tubes in one envelope. Would love to try it, but I have a rule that the tubes cannot cost more than the amp so I guess that the 7241 is out of range.
The 6336/6528 tubes are significantly less, even allowing for recent price increases.
Those 7241 tube prices may be telling of what the 6336/6528 tubes will get to in the near future - they are already becoming a bit scarce - I myself have been trying to stock up on them every chance I get when there is a decently priced listing, or I win an auction for great price.

Feb 25, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #773 of 1,388
Redheart Atrium fresh from CanJam. Ready to try it on my H5M!

image0 (1).jpeg

Mar 10, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #778 of 1,388
My yearly update of this tube amp thread has this time produced an Eufonika collage+list, which I thought I would share here as well. This is not an official or authoritative list, it is just what I have been able to gather from various sources.

My yearly update of this tube amp thread has this time produced an Eufonika collage+list, which I thought I would share here as well. This is not an official or authoritative list, it is just what I have been able to gather from various sources.

Eufonika List.png

Just as a possible addition, Wieslaw just agreed to build me an H20M. Basically two H20s in dual mono in a chassis. So 2 6N1Ps and 3 6S19Ps, each tube with it's own supply and balanced output. I can let you know more and send a picture when it's delivered.

Mar 11, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #779 of 1,388
Got my H7mk2 back a few days ago from Wieslaw. He said that he changed the transformer, chokes and upgraded all wiring to be shielded. Happy to say that all transformer hum is gone now! Will do some tube rolling and revise my earlier review soon. :dt880smile:

Nice stuff. Serviced for free or some charge outside shipment?

I had not come around to updating my earlier complaint about the hum. Turns out that by my initial loosening of the transformer bell in order to try and solve, the screws actualy loosened more over time. Got up my courage, opened up the amp to tighten and voila.. back in business. This also a reminder for anyone else as a possible easy fix.

Mar 11, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #780 of 1,388
Nice stuff. Serviced for free or some charge outside shipment?
For free. I paid for the return shipping to him, he paid for the shipping back to me.
I had not come around to updating my earlier complaint about the hum. Turns out that by my initial loosening of the transformer bell in order to try and solve, the screws actualy loosened more over time. Got up my courage, opened up the amp to tighten and voila.. back in business. This also a reminder for anyone else as a possible easy fix.
Ah good to hear!

In my case it really was the new transformer that did the trick. With Wieslaw’s permission I had superglued the laminates of the previous transformer to be completely fixed to each other, but to no avail.

Also the new chokes should help suppress any hum to the cans. I couldn’t hear it on my 600 ohm Beyers, but I did in my 250 ohm ones really softly. Complete overkill now this new choke tuning as there is no more hum to begin with anyway :)

Remember this H7mk2 of mine was the first mk2 out there ever. I don’t doubt that new H7 orders will include all this by default.

I don’t know by which fate Wieslaw chose me to prototype this mk2 but I love doing this testing and helping him improve it.

Tube rolling and pairing impressions to follow! On the list: Telefunken Berlin E88CC, Tesla E88CC, Philips Heerlen E88CC gold pins (SQ), RCA 6AS7G, Svetlana 6AS7G, GE 6AS7GA. This next to the stock Philips 6080WC and Nevz 6N1P-EV. Let me know if you are interested in any specific pairings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back