Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Jan 28, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #721 of 1,388
There is, and it's on Etsy.
Which one? I see dual monos but not a balanced one.
Does this mean, the Eufonika sounds indistinguishable from your solid state amp for you?
Not at all to discourage you — read on! — but that indeed is what I meant for my H7mk2. Good thing there is choice and for a more tubey sound you will probably want to go for a H5.

Often (not always) with tube amps you see that as you move up their product line, circuits and components improve and so does their technical prowess and objective performance.

Earlier I made the comparison to the Feliks Echo and Elise. The Elise is more linear than the Echo. Likewise the H7 likely sounds more linear than the H5, that’s also what Wieslaw said.

Last week SBAF headlined a review and measurements of a Decware Zen Taboo which coincidentally I think has the same flavor of looks as the Eufonikas. That review also said that that amp could be mistaken for a solid state one.

Long story short, Wieslaw offers all flavors of sound and you probably wouldn’t go wrong with any of them, just choose the one that matches your taste. For maximum tubeyness that would probably be the H5.

Jan 28, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #722 of 1,388
Which one? I see dual monos but not a balanced one.

Not at all to discourage you — read on! — but that indeed is what I meant for my H7mk2. Good thing there is choice and for a more tubey sound you will probably want to go for a H5.

Often (not always) with tube amps you see that as you move up their product line, circuits and components improve and so does their technical prowess and objective performance.

Earlier I made the comparison to the Feliks Echo and Elise. The Elise is more linear than the Echo. Likewise the H7 likely sounds more linear than the H5, that’s also what Wieslaw said.

Last week SBAF headlined a review and measurements of a Decware Zen Taboo which coincidentally I think has the same flavor of looks as the Eufonikas. That review also said that that amp could be mistaken for a solid state one.

Long story short, Wieslaw offers all flavors of sound and you probably wouldn’t go wrong with any of them, just choose the one that matches your taste. For maximum tubeyness that would probably be the H5.
I agree... generally about the H5 - if you play it stock inside the 6SN7/6AS7 lines. However the H5(KCPU edition) is more of a chameleon than it first appears.

It can be rolled from a rich warm glow into a very linear, technical amp with a touch of tube-goodness by choice of caps and drivers/outputs. It is very sensitive to interstage cap choice. For example, with the Amtrans AMCY cap replacing the Miflex interstage, loses a touch of warmth, but gains in resolution and detail. In combo with a pair of good twins (Brimar 6J5GT) with GEC CV4079s outputs, it as clean and fast as any solid sand amp in my collection - but more robust with a deep, wide, airy soundstage. To my jaded ears, of course.

I had expected to follow on with an upgrade from the H5, but that seems years away. I enjoy the H5 more than any amp in recent memory. It supports far more tubes - with adapters - than initially expected. Responds very well to DIY cap rolling - expanding the tonal and resolution palette.

That's why I roll. Not so much for perfection, but for the wondrous variety of sonic results.

Jan 29, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #725 of 1,388
My H7mk2 had transformer hum from the get-go. It is currently in transit back to Wieslaw who will be replacing it with some other transformer technology.

Mind you this H7mk2 is still one-of-kind as far as I know and ironing out the wrinkles. So not sure about the situation with a H5.

Jan 29, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #726 of 1,388
Yes had the same problem with my H5miflex, he had problem with new manufacture of transformers and mine is at him for service right now.. he’s been really helpful with the search for problem and hopefully he will get it fixed and send back to me soon..

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #730 of 1,388
My H5 had a slight hum until I moved the power cord to its own outlet, away from all other AC cords and adapters. It's silent now. Now if only all my tubes were silent...:rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #732 of 1,388
Thanks for the replies all. Eventhough there's zero hum over headphones I'm gonna send mine back and that is a good opportunity excuse for some hardware upgrade :p
Above mentioned TDK pot could be something or.. what else you guys think is worthwhile? KCPU caps are already installed.

Jan 31, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #735 of 1,388
Perhaps the above mentioned H7mk2 'other transformer technology' is applicable to H5 as well?

Mains power conditions vary from place to place, I'm not sure transformer hum can be completely removed from the equation for everyone everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back