Etymotic MC5, Sure SE102, Klipsch S4, Sound magic pl30 etc.. for music and movies? Which one?
Oct 31, 2010 at 9:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ynos6600

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I had Senheiser CX300, bot lost them somehow. They were ok, but several things bothered me, like short cord, earphones were falling out of my ear, cord was knotted all the time... Sound was ok, but not extremelly impresed... 

Now I want to buy new pair, but don't know which one. 

Will use them on my Sansa MP3 player, and great USB sound card Asus Xonar U1. I'm listening to all kinds of music, I like deep bass and midds... Would also watch movies with them, so bass and midds are important. Great sound quality with below average bass wont help me. 

What would you recommend for that? Price range is somewhere between "Etymotic MC5, Sure SE102, Klipsch S4, Sound magic pl30..."

I have read looots of reviews but cannot decide. 

Thank you. 

PS: Where do you buy them online if you're from Europe? So i don't get fake IEM or pay to much

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #2 of 8
I have the MC5 and S4 IEMs and I think the Etymotic are better with music as long as you have an amp.  If not, the bass can be a little lacking.  The S4s are really fun to listen to and have great bass but the MC5s are more detailed and have acceptable bass with an amp.  For movies, I like the S4s better because the bass is just great and everything on the Klipsch is fun to listen to.  If you don't have an amp and have to go with one then I suggest the S4s.  I have not heard the other ones you have listed so I can't help you there but that is my opinion on the other two. 

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 8
I've heard all of those except the SE102 (but I thought the SE115 was crap) and I have to throw in the Brainwavz M2 (mp4nation.net) if you're looking for a movies-and-music IEM. Compromising between those two applications it's my favourite after the Thinksound TS02 (which you probably won't find in Europe).

Nov 2, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
I've heard all of those except the SE102 (but I thought the SE115 was crap) and I have to throw in the Brainwavz M2 (mp4nation.net) if you're looking for a movies-and-music IEM. Compromising between those two applications it's my favourite after the Thinksound TS02 (which you probably won't find in Europe).

Hmm, well I know Advanced MP3 Players ( http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk ) has them in the UK. They do international shipping for 14 pounds. Not sure how it works out economically though.

Nov 2, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #6 of 8
I have read 30 more reviews and decided for Klipsch S4... ordered them yesterday here: http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/headphones/23947/Klipsch+Image+S4.htm

shipping 5 pounds, which was much less than here http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/Headphones.6/Klipsch.407/KLIPSCHS4/Klipsch_Image_S4_Dynamic_In-Ear_Headphones.4497.html

Same price = 59 pounds = 67 EUR. 

Can't wait to get them. 
beerchug.gif

thnx for answers anyway. 

Nov 11, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #7 of 8
hi,
currently i have the se102 and mc5 with me. The se102 is great for me. Detailed and sparkly treble, accurate mids n slightly more bass than the drier sounding mc5 without amp, although the se102 doesnt get good reviews in here.  I agreed that mc5 will be better in the bass dept if u have an amp. i've heard the s4 in Apple store, dont really like them as they are not as detailed as the 2 iems i have mentioned. however the s4 do have more bass thou. In the end, it is better to try them and see which sound signature u prefer. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back