Etymotic HF5 Tips
Dec 13, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #61 of 91
My HF3s broke in the exact same way using the exact same tips.  I think the Shure olives are just a little too tight, and put too much stress on the stem.  I have some Comply T100 but I'm afraid to use them now that my replacement just arrived.

PS It is my belief that HF3 and HF5 are the same except for the iDevice inline controls

Dec 14, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #62 of 91
Does Etymotic have a customer service email? ._. I don't see it anywhere. 

Dec 16, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #64 of 91
So far Comply are working great.  They don't seem too tight on the stem and come off without any twisting or excessive effort.  Definitely more easily removable than the Shure olives were.

Dec 16, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #65 of 91
The comply were made for the HF5 I believe. I've recently ordered a pair. What other tips are recommended (preferable made for the HF5's socket)?

Dec 16, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #68 of 91
I have a feeling the regular ones will sound better.  Out of all the stock tips the HF3s came with, I liked the foam's sound by a long stretch.  The Tx-100 aren't nearly as lively and I suspect that is due to the glossy finish that seals the wax out.  On the other hand, easier to clean is hard to argue with.

Dec 18, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #70 of 91

Quote:
I can't believe it...my one-week old pair of HF5

I'm afraid to put the Shure foams back on my HF5 because the fit was extremely tight. Once they were on, I found them nearly impossible to take off. Fortunately, I was able to twist them off with firm but gentle force. I don't want to risk any damage to my HF5, so I'll stick with other ear tips.

Mar 14, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #72 of 91
I recently picked up a pair of HF5s, currently using comply tips (T-100), but I prefer (at least I think I prefer) the sound of the large tri-flange tips more. However when I use the large tri-flange my ears seem to end up with a different air pressure on the inside and I feel like im on a plane, is there any solution to this? The small tri-flanges are too small for me and don't make a seal at all : /

would you guys highly recommend me to go pick up the Large bi-flange klipsch tips?

Mar 14, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #73 of 91
I have the custom tips, the klipsch single flange, and I use Shure olives (carefully since they are very tight on the stem). The customs have the best sound but are just to much of a pain to get in and out if I have to talk to people. The Klipsch sound almost as good as the customs (or tri-flange) but are a lot more comfortable to wear but I do get bone conduction thumps walking. The olives change the sound slightly but have almost no none conduction. I actually prefer the olives followed by the klipsch. The customs are relegated to plain rides or maybe times when I am alone for extended periods.

Mar 14, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #74 of 91
ah ok single flange, would you reckon the bi-flange are worth trying out? (singles are out of stock on amazon : / ) or just stick with the safe bet with the single flange?

Mar 14, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #75 of 91
Quote:
ah ok single flange, would you reckon the bi-flange are worth trying out? (singles are out of stock on amazon : / ) or just stick with the safe bet with the single flange?

With my ER4 (same nozzle as HF5), I prefer the double flange tips so the end of the nozzle is not so close to the end of the ear tip, keeping ear wax etc out of the nozzle.  Single flange tip is too short, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back