etymotic ER-4 questions
Jun 8, 2010 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

carmatic

100+ Head-Fier
everything about these IEM's are great, except for the cable friction noise... is it possible to get these recabled with a less scratchy cable?

also, how do i proceed with a warranty claim on my pair of ER-4P's ? etymotic has not responded to my emails... I am in the UK, by the way

Jun 8, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #3 of 6
maybe its just the shape of my ears, but the cables keep falling off my ears and they end up dangling and rubbing on my shirt and everything

plus , for some reason the bass on the right side has decreased quite alot, i would really like to send it back to Ety for it to be looked at

Jul 3, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #4 of 6

Hi, the left side cable of My Etymotic ER4P between the shirt-clip and driver has broken, can any one please suggest how to replace cable? I was very fond of the sound of this earphone which I used with a 4p to 4s converter. Oh, my God! Now I am missing it so much. Please somebody help. A know about apuresound cable, they are little bit costly. So can anyone suggest a quality but cost efficient solution?

Jul 3, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #5 of 6
carmatic, the reduction in sound may be due to needing to change the filters. How long has it been since you changed them?

srisaikat, contact Etymotic for a new cable. They have excellent customer service, good luck.

Jul 3, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #6 of 6
Yes I have always had good results with Etymotics customer service over the years.

As for replacement cables there is the APureSound cable whcih I find excelent but also pricey. There is at least one other replacement cable that is being sold on eBay I think and they also sell some convertres that then allows you to use Westone custom and UE cables with the ER4. Can't remember who it is that sells them but there have been other threads here on head-fi about them.

As to wearing them, I have always worn my iem's over ear, even the ER4 with stock cable although that required to really tighten the chin guard as the cable would otherwise slip of my ears due to the design of the ER4. The replacement cables will all help that as the phones end up with a lower profile and a 90 degree exit rather than the about 45 degree on the stock cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back