ETYMŌTIC IEM Owners Headcount - Are you one?
May 14, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #917 of 1,007
Wow, how long do the grey foamies last? I've used one pair for two days (admittedly with some serial listening) and they don't seem to be, er, 'rebounding' as much already?! Seem to be losing seal way too easily....

hmmm, time to get out the olives?

May 14, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #918 of 1,007
So, Steve, how do you like the ER4P?
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #919 of 1,007
Hey Tony
smily_headphones1.gif

Let's break it down some!
Monday a.m.
0 -15 minutes: my god, bright and tbh a bit harsh. Great detail tho! But ouch and microphonic!

15 - 30 minutes: fiddling w/ tips, cables, playing w/ box etc

30 -35 minutes: cuppa tea

35 - 120 minutes: OMG, these are awesome! Plentiful bass (more than I was expecting), beautiful highs....then I heard piano...niiiice!

120 minutes -through Monday afternoon: go through my Jazz collection. Superb rendition of acoustic bass, cymbals, percussion generally....

Monday night: bit of Philip Glass (Light, & Heroes Symphony), Duke Ellington ( Wild Bill's organ -breathtakingly, er, organic), Bach Cello Suites.

So far, they are flat out amazing. A little 'glassy' sometimes (not sure I have the term right), sometimes a little harsh, but overall a great clear, dynamic presentation. So far, excellent partner for my Triple Fi
biggrin.gif

Haven't really tried the S cable yet -gotta save something for later!

Edit\ Forgot this morning: Miles, Miles & more Miles! Boy does his horn gleam!

But I have to sort some tips out...olives or maybe try & get used to flanges....

May 14, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #920 of 1,007
I am with you, ER4P second day, sound isolation with clear sound is for me new great experience after stock earbuds...

May 23, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #921 of 1,007
i have er4-P's (new all black ones) and i lost a pair of er-6's lol

Jul 24, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #925 of 1,007
four-year-old ER-4P.
still use them almost every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back