ETYMŌTIC IEM Owners Headcount - Are you one?
Jan 19, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #212 of 1,007
ER4P (black)
awesome IEM!!!
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #213 of 1,007
I'm in love with the ER-4Ps. Amazing right out of the headphone jack from the rockbox'd nano, EQ and flat. With EQ and flat, I'm getting the same level of detail if not better than what I had with my ER-6i, but what really gets me is the difference in bass. The amp and interconnects couldn't come any sooner.

Jan 19, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #214 of 1,007
I miss mine. I washed them once; they survived. I should have known not to sell them (the buyer was aware of their laundering). I had the Super.fi 5Pro and currently have the Shure E5c. I wish I had my ER4P back.

Add me to the mob if you like.

Jan 19, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #215 of 1,007
New ER-4P owner here.

My first experiences were negative, probably due to fit issues, but over the course of several hours, I began to appreciate the highly detailed, clear, and accurate sound the ER-4P produces. Plus, I am not all that sure that I have found the best seal yet, as I hear less bass out of the ER-4P than my (supposedly) "bass-less" version K501, so I imagine once I get the proper fit I'll like the ER-4P even more. I would say, at this point, it is in the same league of the K701, easily, bettering the K701 in some ways (the ER-4P sounds more accurate to me, and is definitely more detailed). Once/If I get a good seal, I am sure I'll prefer the ER-4P to the K701. Extremely good deal for the price (at Amazon).

I might get the p -> s converter if I eventually get a good seal. A little afraid of getting the converter at this point, given that I don't hear much bass even out of an amp, and I am definitely not a bass-head (K701 has just about the right amount of bass for me).

Jan 26, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #221 of 1,007
whoa, posting in a loooong while. My red/blue ER4Ps are still my most preferred head/earphones and nothing else came close to replacing them. I have a pair of HD650s, which I like a lot, and heard various other nice headphones, but none of them was as involving/mesmerizing as the Etys to my ears. Actually I think that's why I haven't visited head-fi for a looong time. I simply was too happy with them and didn't feel the need to upgrade but of course your mileage may vary....wait, this is a fanboy thread, why am I apologizing? Dey Pwnz!
etysmile.gif

PS. I just noticed Headroom doesn't carry them anymore, anything happened?
confused.gif

Jan 26, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #222 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by swalker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whoa, posting in a loooong while. My red/blue ER4Ps are still my most preferred head/earphones and nothing else came close to replacing them. I have a pair of HD650s, which I like a lot, and heard various other nice headphones, but none of them was as involving/mesmerizing as the Etys to my ears. Actually I think that's why I haven't visited head-fi for a looong time. I simply was too happy with them and didn't feel the need to upgrade but of course your mileage may vary....wait, this is a fanboy thread, why am I apologizing? Dey Pwnz!
etysmile.gif

PS. I just noticed Headroom doesn't carry them anymore, anything happened?
confused.gif

You got PWNED!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #223 of 1,007
I've had the ER6 for 1 whole day and I'm an ety fan. I'm really quite taken with these headphones. They are greatly balanced, clear, midrange is quite detailed - maybe even more so than my HD595s (although they can't really compare to the HD595 in any other way), bass is incredibly tight and everything just sounds so right. I don't find them harsh as some people do or lacking bass at all, they are just right. They have the perfect balance of musicality and being analytical. Better than anything I've tried (see sig) besides the HD595, absolutely superb for 75 beans. Comfort is much better than I had hoped, the only complaint I have is a little bit of microphonics. Very pleasantly surprised by these sub 100 dollar earphones.

Jan 26, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #224 of 1,007
Have had the Er6s for more than a year
Them coupled with my Vision M at Custom EQ settings is utter blisSSSSSSSSSs.

Only bad thing about them is that there's ABSOLUTELY no sound from one bud from time to time. Could be the filters. Dunno. I have one left so I'm going to wait until the bud goes bad again before inserting. It's been behaving for 2 full weeks now.
biggrin.gif

BOOYAH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back