ETYMŌTIC IEM Owners Headcount - Are you one?
Jan 4, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #138 of 1,007
er6i (black) and loving it. Soon to be added is the er-4P if I find a decent deal (curse Amazon for not shipping the $150 deal to Europe).

Jan 4, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #139 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by vilg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
er6i (black) and loving it. Soon to be added is the er-4P if I find a decent deal (curse Amazon for not shipping the $150 deal to Europe).

I use eBay for that. In my case, shipping was kinda expensive, but the seller only uses expedited shipping. Iirc I received mine in 4 days.

Jan 4, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #140 of 1,007
Most addictions are bad for you...'cept the etys!!!!!!

etysmile.gif

I have both the ER-4S and a separate pair of ER-4P, though the Ps have been relegated to unamped, computer-recording/monitoring duties. PERFECT for recording drums, given their insane isolation - with Foamies, too -- without the fuss of an amp.

The S's are for serious pleasure.
cool.gif
Powered by the SR-71 and using some tri-flanges...it's the best way to get everything out of music. I mean, you hear everything!!!

Jan 5, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #146 of 1,007
thanks guys. the last time i recall hearing them was at my gf's house when i was trying to compare them to my e500. i'm hoping that they're still there since i can't find them in my house but the bad thing is that she's in taiwan for the next 2 weeks.

Jan 5, 2007 at 6:39 AM Post #147 of 1,007
No longer under warranty. I have to ship to US, pay for repairs...then shipment back and then customs most likely. I've read that this will cost me close to $100 hence my long delay in getting them repaired. I need a new cable, that is it that is all. The phones themselves are absolutely fine. I just want them to ship me a freakin cable, this would save me 40 bucks for sure.

I was/still am going to send them to Moon Audio, may daughter was born and things came up that I never got around to it, but instead of getting Etymotics to recable, I figured I would get Drew to look at them and whip something special up.

Jan 5, 2007 at 6:52 AM Post #149 of 1,007
Most definitely. Etys offer a sound signature that is very enjoyable and quite unique among headphones. Only the HP-1000's approximate the sound (or vice versa really) though perhaps the K1000's are in that league or the Qualias. I've not heard the latter two.

Jan 5, 2007 at 7:02 AM Post #150 of 1,007
Er-6i's White.

And I'm pretty sure the cord is messed, I got it caught in a zipper....
mad.gif

Unfortunately I don't have the receipt or PoP, I got someone to buy them for me from amazon.com and ship them up to me :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back