ETYMŌTIC IEM Owners Headcount - Are you one?
Dec 26, 2006 at 10:15 AM Post #91 of 1,007
Etymotic ER4P (BLack) +1 FTW ! !
etysmile.gif

Dec 26, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #93 of 1,007
ER6i white. Listening to them now. Even considered getting another (black) for a spare when I found I could get them for just over $61 shipped (today only @ buy.com). Doubt I will ever get rid of them.

Dec 27, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #94 of 1,007
List Updated!!!!

vYu223:
Yep, iM716 is using Etymotic drivers but the list if for ER series under Etymotic label. iM716 is already a very strong IEM in its own right and I believe they deserve thier own list. But when you do have ER series under your belt, I would be happy to put you in. Cheers.

Dec 27, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #95 of 1,007
Do earphones that are designed by Etymotic but marketed by others count? If so I have the Harman/Kardon EP720's. These are equivolent to the Altech Lansing IM616, also designed by Etymotic. These are near ER4p quality From my readings. Slightly lacking in bass extension but otherwise very close.

Dec 27, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #96 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by germanium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do earphones that are designed by Etymotic but marketed by others count? If so I have the Harman/Kardon EP720's. These are equivolent to the Altech Lansing IM616, also designed by Etymotic. These are near ER4p quality From my readings. Slightly lacking in bass extension but otherwise very close.

Well I would love to put them in but from the beginning I think it's best to limit this list to just those cans coming directly from Etymotic Research. This is a "show your love for Etymotic" list after all. Cheers.

Dec 27, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #97 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I would love to put them in but from the beginning I think it's best to limit this list to just those cans coming directly from Etymotic Research. This is a "show your love for Etymotic" list after all. Cheers.

KrooL hugs his Ety's

etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

Dec 27, 2006 at 10:17 AM Post #99 of 1,007
White ER6i here for the last 6 months. Love them!

Dec 27, 2006 at 10:52 AM Post #100 of 1,007
Are there any pictures of how the Etys look when worn? They look like they will point out and look goofy copmpared to some flatter phones like UM2's. This is porbly the biggest issue for me atm.
confused.gif

Dec 27, 2006 at 1:42 PM Post #101 of 1,007
I've had my white ER6is for just over a year now (I recieved them Christmas 2005). They got me through many a plane journey during a rugby tour to Australia, both the longhauls from UK to Australia (stopping off in Singapore), and the local flights across Australia. I would have got little to no sleep if it weren't for them <3.

Dec 27, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #102 of 1,007
I've had a pair of ER4Ps for 3.5 years now (red/blue with green barrel). I use them lots for hillwalking in the Scottish Highlands; I'm unbelievably grateful for them! Even straight out of a 5G iPod, they make brilliant musical sense and can transport me up the hill (perhaps a slight exaggeration..). They are very good at communicating rhythym and musical nuance - niggles about absolute levels of bass are of no real interest to me.
I also use them with a home-made PPA amp and have built a Pimeta with P/S convertor for a friend who uses his ER4Ps (which I sold him!) with it, and I've given ER6is as presents to satisfied people.

I also have some Stax electrostatics that haven't been used for years! they need a bigger amp....

Dec 28, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #103 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaques /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there any pictures of how the Etys look when worn? They look like they will point out and look goofy copmpared to some flatter phones like UM2's. This is porbly the biggest issue for me atm.
confused.gif

I think there's a photo of a female
tongue.gif
Ety owner on page 3
etysmile.gif

LIST UPDATED!!!!

Dec 28, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #105 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think there's a photo of a female
tongue.gif
Ety owner on page 3
etysmile.gif

Thanks EFN, I knew I could trust you
biggrin.gif

The sad thing is that the pic only confirms my fears. They really do point out quite a lot, looking stupid. I doubt I can get them now
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back