ETYMŌTIC IEM Owners Headcount - Are you one?
Aug 8, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #541 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarchy965 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
er6i tips ARE NOT interchangeable with er6 tips! Don't waste $$$

I own and love the er6i, btw.

Thanks Anarchy965
biggrin.gif

Saved me some fruitless expenditure!

Apologies, but my next Ety-noob question for you vets is: does it matter if the soft rubber surround of each housing is a wee bit damaged? I'm guessing it's just a wrap for a sealed unit below & so wouldn't have an effect on SQ?

Aug 8, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #542 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Anarchy965
biggrin.gif

Saved me some fruitless expenditure!

Apologies, but my next Ety-noob question for you vets is: does it matter if the soft rubber surround of each housing is a wee bit damaged? I'm guessing it's just a wrap for a sealed unit below & so wouldn't have an effect on SQ?

I think i know what you're talking about, one of my bi-flanges (small size) has a little bit of rubber which fell, just where it begins on the headphone side. I'd say it won't make a difference (obviously it will, but not a noticable one.)

Aug 8, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #543 of 1,007
biggrin.gif
Thanks nadavnaz
biggrin.gif

However, I should have been clearer: the part I'm referring to is the actual driver housing/bodies (the parts that have ER6 and L & R printed on) -some of the silicone has been worn away (I bought a used pair). I doubt this silicone covering has much if any part to play in sealing the driver units (more a handling/ergonomics aid) but I wondered whether this damage could affect SQ....prolly not, but...

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #546 of 1,007
How in the world did I miss this!?

ER4P/S, flying the red and blue flags!
etysmile.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #549 of 1,007
Hi,

I have ER-4p's, ER-6's and ER-6i (black)

Aug 12, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #550 of 1,007
I now have the er6i black! Well...it arrives tomorrow, does that count?
icon10.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #552 of 1,007
Just got a pair of ER-4S, the classic version, with the non-braided cords and red and blue earpieces. Only heard them out of my Zen Xtra so far, but I already love them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back