Ety8 Filters = IM716 Filters ???
Jul 30, 2007 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

DobsOnly

100+ Head-Fier
Looking at the Etymotic Website it looks like the Ety8 accessories would be a direct swap for the IM716's. Has anyone compared the filters and tips to see if they are interchangable?
Looks like it is getting hard to find replacement filters for the IM716's.

Thanks for the info!

Jul 30, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #3 of 15
Ahh, looks like those silly things (the ety8s) might actually serve a purpose now! I'd try contacting Ety and asking.

Jul 31, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #7 of 15
Phone call is much more effective than email. Their cust. svc people are quite good..............I'm not bothering because I bought 12 pairs from A.Lansing when they were readily available.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by DobsOnly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking at the Etymotic Website it looks like the Ety8 accessories would be a direct swap for the IM716's. Has anyone compared the filters and tips to see if they are interchangable?

Thanks for the info!

See http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3236240

I called ER's cust service. They said they have parts they believe work, but none of the parts are returnable, so they're sending me a sample of all the accessories (each of the flange & foam eartips, filters, filter tool).

Once they arrive next week, I'll post whether they work or not. (on that other thread)

Oct 9, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbonner1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X3 There are still no HK filters listed on their website.

HK filters?

This thread was about Altec accessories - which are here:

http://www.etymotic.com/AltecLansing/

Oct 9, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HK filters?

This thread was about Altec accessories - which are here:

Etymotic Research, Inc. - Altec Lansing im616 and im716 Accessories

oh nice! anyone know if you NEED their filter too to change, or if a shure one can be used or a pick of some sort?

i assume that the filters include the red/orangy tube and not just the paper thing on the end. is this correct? I need to take the tube out when replacing?

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #15 of 15
Anyone find out if they work?
Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DobsOnly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the info!

See http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3236240

I called ER's cust service. They said they have parts they believe work, but none of the parts are returnable, so they're sending me a sample of all the accessories (each of the flange & foam eartips, filters, filter tool).

Once they arrive next week, I'll post whether they work or not. (on that other thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back