ESW9 for $103?
Jun 9, 2010 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dirtywook

New Head-Fier
Hi there, this is my first post to head-fi. I've recently begun researching to buy some nice headphones, and have currently narrowed it down to the HD25 and ESW9. I just got my first instrument, a Korg DW8000, which has led me to want some nice headphones for my screwing around pleasure. I'll also listen to my iPod with them, and I usually listen to electronic, rap, and everything else. I really like what I hear about the sound for both of those headphones. For the HD25, the durability and noise isolation are a plus; I'm a little skeptical about the comfort though. I wish the ESW9's seemed more durable and had more noise isolation.

Any thoughts on if either of those would work particularly well, or particularly bad, with a synth (or other future keyboard instruments I may get, including beats, workstations, etc.)?

Here's where they have the ESW9's listed for 100: http://www.xtreamgadgets.com/product.php?productid=160839

I'm a little skeptical about the site. Some of the reviews I read are awful. Also, I've read that some ESW9's can be fake. Has anyone bought from this place? I have pretty much decided to say nix that, unless I get any votes of confidence.

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful info I've found while doing some searches of the forum.

Jun 9, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #2 of 11
Fake alert. Yes, ESW9 do have counterfeit. What will you expect from half price reduction? When the price is too good to be true from some suspicious site. The clear answer is ....................................
devil_face.gif

Jul 15, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #5 of 11
If you're in the US, buy from Adorama Camera, BuyDigg or Beach Camera. They are authorized sellers.

ESW9 is more efficient, but you'll like the HD25 better in a noisy environment.

Jul 15, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #7 of 11
I don't think it's right for people to cal the ESW9 portable headphones just because they are small.
The HD 25-1s are actually designed to be portable and as a result are build tough and isolate like no other.

If you are serious about portable 'phones I don't see how you can go past the HD 25-1s.

Jul 15, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #9 of 11
Oh fine, ESW9 is "transportable" then.
I keep them in the HPP5 case and that fits very nicely in my backpack.
Not very practical to buy the HPP5 (but I got it with a big discount
evil_smiley.gif
), though there's a nice "OEM" alternative for anyone interested.

I tried the HD-25 locally a few months ago for a few minutes and didn't like the sound, but maybe they needed more burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back