ESW9 decent price. Legit?
Mar 17, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #6 of 15
That looks exactly like my ESW-9, including all the papers. Pretty sure it's authentic...
Dang, such a good deal!

EDIT: The pictures look authentic, but there's no way to determine whether those are the seller's own pictures. AND the seller has some 50+ negative feedback and 40+ neutral (negative-ish) feedbacks within the last 6 months. Dodgy.

Mar 17, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #7 of 15
I was going to purchase here:

Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9A Portable Wooden Headphones |BeachCamera.com

Add to your cart for $239.00. just checked, now $229.99, free shipping, and I think they are authorized.

I ended up going for a used pair of ESW10jpn, but that Beach Camera deal is pretty tough to beat for a brick and mortar dealer with a USA warranty and 30 day return. Not affiliated (just realized I sound like a fan-boy there) but it just looks like the best deal going.

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by aamefford /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Add to your cart for $239.00. just checked, now $229.99, free shipping, and I think they are authorized.

I ended up going for a used pair of ESW10jpn, but that Beach Camera deal is pretty tough to beat for a brick and mortar dealer with a USA warranty and 30 day return. Not affiliated (just realized I sound like a fan-boy there) but it just looks like the best deal going.

Hmmm I've been looking for a pair of headphones I could throw in my laptop bag and bring to work everyday. I've been getting tired of carting my denon's back and forth from work. Would you say these are good pair to try or have the ESW10's dropped in price any?

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Wow, thanks for the link. No affiliation either, but I have purchased from Beach Camera before and everything went smoothly. Reseller ratings also confirms they're a legit company to deal with.

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #11 of 15
I'd say no to this one.

This seller has a lot of what I call "Bull S**t" feedback. Most of his recent feedback entries are one cent auctions that are nothing but ways for people to give and receive feedback. This is just a way of misleading people, making them think that the feedback rating represents actual merchandise deals.

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #13 of 15
Looks bad, a lot of his recent feedback is:

Quote:

Awesome seller!!
coxracing711 ( 18 )
Mar-16-09 07:54
FROM EBAY ZERO TO HERO EBAY EBOOK CD (#120392178315)
US $0.01

Looks like a fake buyer because if you check out the feedback of the phoney buyers, they are all going to the same people, all for similar $0.01 purchases.

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm I've been looking for a pair of headphones I could throw in my laptop bag and bring to work everyday. I've been getting tired of carting my denon's back and forth from work. Would you say these are good pair to try or have the ESW10's dropped in price any?

I gave a pretty penny for the ESW10's, even though they are used. I've been bringing them to work, but just traded my HD580's for a pair of Ultrasone HFI 780's for work and portable use. The ESW10's are just too pretty for transporting. The ESW9's have the same issue, beautiful wood, but a much lower price. They are the perfect size, though!

Sorry for off topic, by the way. Just realized we'd strayed a bit.

Apr 21, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

I gave a pretty penny for the ESW10's, even though they are used. I've been bringing them to work, but just traded my HD580's for a pair of Ultrasone HFI 780's for work and portable use. The ESW10's are just too pretty for transporting. The ESW9's have the same issue, beautiful wood, but a much lower price. They are the perfect size, though!

Sorry for off topic, by the way. Just realized we'd strayed a bit.

I just ordered the esw9a's we'll see how they work as office phones !
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back