Erzetich Charybdis
Jul 16, 2023 at 12:49 AM Post #92 of 229
With all those beautiful headphones I'm really curious about Tom's opinion and also about Thanatos if he will test the Charybdis in his system and with familiar music. Unfortunately I have never tried more than two headphones together and my experience is limited to the ZMF VC, replaced by the Spirit Twin pulse, replaced by the Erzetich Phobos which is my current headphones (for many years I have also owned an Ibasso SR1 which I use as a secondary headphones)

I look forward to my Charybdis and your opinions about this headphones

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2023 at 6:40 AM Post #93 of 229
With all those beautiful headphones I'm really curious about Tom's opinion and also about Thanatos if he will test the Charybdis in his system and with familiar music. Unfortunately I have never tried more than two headphones together and my experience is limited to the ZMF VC, replaced by the Spirit Twin pulse, replaced by the Erzetich Phobos which is my current headphones (for many years I have also owned an Ibasso SR1 which I use as a secondary headphones)

I look forward to my Charybdis and your opinions about this headphones
I'd love to test them, if there were a review Tour. However I won't buy them in order to test them anytime soon.

Still waiting on my purchased Corina. Gott slow down with new aquisitions

Jul 28, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #95 of 229
First impressions are great!

A79351BE-50DA-408B-95DF-3F5FA8FEA64C.jpeg

Jul 29, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #99 of 229
Well I'm not having any problems with piercing treble or thin mids right out of the box personally, maybe my pair has been burned-in already.

"All with a lot of air, fluidity and naturalness" - this I can definitely relate to. The Charybdis could be a new soundstage king...but I need more time to evaluate that.
Please if possible to compare with the he1000se

Jul 29, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #102 of 229
The burning Is very important. After 15 hours It starts to sound very well. After 30 Is great. the highs calm down, the mids thicken, the lows increase. All with a lot of air, fluidity and naturalness. My amp is a Luxman p750u.
Thanks. My impression was also that highs need to be slightly tamed. It's not much. Just a little bit.
The overall sound is great and mature. I'm deeply impressed, how balanced and holographic the Charybdis sounds with my Sp3000 and N7. I'm now waiting for a WA8 to demo the synergy.

Jul 30, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #103 of 229
Grazie. La mia impressione è stata anche che gli alti debbano essere leggermente addomesticati. Non è molto. Solo un po.
Il suono complessivo è grande e maturo. Sono profondamente impressionato da quanto suoni equilibrato e olografico il Cariddi con il mio Sp3000 e N7. Ora sto aspettando un WA8 per dimostrare la sinergia.
I'd say after 30 hours I hear a lot of openness but I have no issues with the treble which I find extended and detailed but not annoying. What headphone cable are you using? Have you tried different headphone cables?

Jul 30, 2023 at 12:39 AM Post #104 of 229
However I add that I had to change the configuration compared to the Phobos. I switched to copper cable and as amplifier I am using the Luxman instead of an Aurorasound Heada. But I want to try the old configuration again now that I've finished the burn process

Jul 30, 2023 at 1:27 AM Post #105 of 229
Looking forward to hearing more impressions and seeing FR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back