Erzetich Charybdis
Sep 10, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #121 of 252
I also find the Charybdis comfortable. As for the head and ears, I find the headband, the softness of the pads and the clamping adjustment excellent. As for the neck, 740 grams are felt and it depends on everyone's ability to bear the effort.
Having noticed the use of the past tense in your message out of curiosity I ask you if you still own the Charybdis
Yes i still use the charybdis as my main headphone now with no plans to change to another :k701smile:

Sep 11, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #122 of 252
Hey Guys,

Do you know hoy many revision this headphones had ? I saw one with fixed cable, one with hanging mini XLR plugs and now I see one with XLR integrated on the headphones. Is the revision only limited to the cable or does it include other improvements like confort or sonic ?

Thanks

Sep 27, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #128 of 252
I went to try out a lot of headphones weeks ago. First time trying the HE1000SE and Charybdis at the same time. I'd say they are in the same bracket and picking one over the other would be a question of preferences. HE1000 Stealth is not that far and very cheap at the moment, so it would be my pick but it's something that truly bring some TOTL performance at a more normal price. Raal CA-1a is also a worthy headphone with TOTL performance

Sep 28, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #129 of 252
I went to try out a lot of headphones weeks ago. First time trying the HE1000SE and Charybdis at the same time. I'd say they are in the same bracket and picking one over the other would be a question of preferences. HE1000 Stealth is not that far and very cheap at the moment, so it would be my pick but it's something that truly bring some TOTL performance at a more normal price. Raal CA-1a is also a worthy headphone with TOTL performance
That is very interseting. I did expect them to be in the same league. Could you please explain in what way the Charybdis and the Hifiman HE1000SE are different. I ask this because you state to prefer the Charybdis over the Hifiman HE1000 is a question of preferences. Please expand on the preferences that would like you to prefer the Charybdis over the HE1000SE and vice-versa. Thank you.

Sep 28, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #130 of 252
That is very interseting. I did expect them to be in the same league. Could you please explain in what way the Charybdis and the Hifiman HE1000SE are different. I ask this because you state to prefer the Charybdis over the Hifiman HE1000 is a question of preferences. Please expand on the preferences that would like you to prefer the Charybdis over the HE1000SE and vice-versa. Thank you.
I could also give you my opinion

The 1000se is overally a more "technically" sounding headphone. Firmer, brighter.

The Charybdis is thicker in the midrange, and more spacious sounding. Not saying that the 1000se isn't spacious in the first place, but the Charybdis is probably the most spacious sounding headphone I've ever heard, similar or even better in this regard than the HD800.

Overall, I find the Charybdis to have a more unique, fun-oriented tuning, while the 1000se is more neutral. The 1000se is MUCH MORE comfortable though.

Oct 5, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #134 of 252
I Just got a Cayin N30LE DAP with the Amber Pearl IEM combo. it replace now my A&K SP1000 + TheAudio monarch mk2.

This combo really sound better, and the N30LE can be very powerful.

I am now looking for a full size headphone to use with it when I am NOT on the go.

I have on my list : Camerton Audio Binom-ER, Final D8000 pro, Grado GS3000X, HE1000 Stealth, Dan Clark Audio Stealth and.... the Erzetich Charybdis

I will try to test the Erzetich Charybdis with my Cayin DAP....

Anyone tested it with a DAP ?

BTW, the (very) limited Black édition looks really better, expecially with the conectors attached to the cup.

Capture d’écran 2023-10-05 à 21.24.24.png

N30LE Amber Pearl.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #135 of 252
The black version not only looks better, but that attached connector seems like a must-have. I wonder if they were to fast to end prototyping and start producing this headphone. The dangling connector is just bad designed. I'm sure there also would have been ways to reduce the weight and integrate the attached connector more (like the old Audeze cans). Seems the hype around this headphone died down quite a bit since its release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back