Eric McChanson Headphone Amp??
Jan 30, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #8,611 of 9,894
Sounds like you still have a job then :joy: :joy:
LOL! Yeah, I could fire employees. Bit more difficult with a wife, even if I put her on a Performance Improvement Plan. :smile:

Jan 30, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #8,612 of 9,894
I retired 7 weeks ago and now spend my time supervising my wife to make sure she does things to my satisfaction.

(and if you believe that last part, I'm still selling bridges as a part-time gig :smile:)
Congrats!:beerchug: You are your own boss now, but you still need to answer to the BIGGEST BOSS if you know what i mean.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::sob:

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #8,613 of 9,894
Next project for my Mini that I think will have more success than the 6AS7 attempts - going to work on inserting a DCDC up/down converter into the input heater lines to allow variable heater voltages so I can run a lot of tubes I have on hand that I use in my other amp with this functionality. This should be fun and will update on its progress as it comes together.

Jan 30, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #8,614 of 9,894
Next project for my Mini that I think will have more success than the 6AS7 attempts - going to work on inserting a DCDC up/down converter into the input heater lines to allow variable heater voltages so I can run a lot of tubes I have on hand that I use in my other amp with this functionality. This should be fun and will update on its progress as it comes together.
MaxiMini?

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #8,616 of 9,894
Jan 30, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #8,617 of 9,894
LOL! Yeah, I could fire employees. Bit more difficult with a wife, even if I put her on a Performance Improvement Plan. :smile:
Be careful she doesn't report you to HR for a hostile workplace. There is no amount of ANC in headphones that will protect you from that!

Better to live by "happy wife, happy life"!

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:09 PM Post #8,618 of 9,894
Be careful she doesn't report you to HR for a hostile workplace. There is no amount of ANC in headphones that will protect you from that!
... mrs bcowen is CEO, CFO, HR ... when the heat is on, so go the closed-backs & Marilyn Manson ... 😳😬 ...

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:46 PM Post #8,619 of 9,894
Hi, you appear to enjoy living dangerously on a knife edge in fact!!! :)

Jan 31, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #8,620 of 9,894
Well, I sure think I have an interesting tube here today to try - interesting because no one, myself included seems to know anything about them or has ever heard of them.

Outside of the Valve Museum and Radio Museum pages, and the CV equiv datasheet, there is essentially nothing (including forum posts across the web) written about these tubes, which is very surprising given that they a GEC single triodes.

GEC A2913/CV5413/CV4081

Here is a picture for you guys, gold pins and all

1706714228759.png

And the best part (especially considering the fact that I have no idea if they sound good, terrible, or amazing) is they were very inexpensive, 15 GBP for the 5 here.. crossing my fingers I got extremely lucky since the vendor is now out of stock.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #8,622 of 9,894
Well, I sure think I have an interesting tube here today to try - interesting because no one, myself included seems to know anything about them or has ever heard of them.

Outside of the Valve Museum and Radio Museum pages, and the CV equiv datasheet, there is essentially nothing (including forum posts across the web) written about these tubes, which is very surprising given that they a GEC single triodes.

GEC A2913/CV5413/CV4081

1706714228759.png

And the best part (especially considering the fact that I have no idea if they sound good, terrible, or amazing) is they were very inexpensive, 15 GBP for the 5 here.. crossing my fingers I got extremely lucky since the vendor is now out of stock.
Nice score!👍😎 Given the performance of other GEC tube models, I say chances are good you scored some winners!

Jan 31, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #8,624 of 9,894

GEC A2913/CV5413/CV4081

1706714228759.png

Nice score! What adapter will you use to run them?

Jan 31, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #8,625 of 9,894
Nice score! What adapter will you use to run them?
Just one of my own - not sure if there are any aftermarkets dual adapters which would work with these or not.

1706729717967.png

To my surprise, the two pairs actually have different internals (one with GEC stickers on the left, and the pair without in the middle). The MWT tube far right has the same internals as the pair with the GEC stickers but in a slightly larger glass bottle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back