er4 after showering? how bad is it?
Sep 8, 2011 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

metreonfuture

Head-Fier
well, i just got my er4-p and just had to used them right after i got done showering. i tried drying my ears out first with a rag, but apparently that didn't get all the moisture out.

how bad was this for my er4?

Sep 8, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
You need some full size headphones.

...but what if my hair is wet...leather pads ya know
blink.gif

Sep 8, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #5 of 9
they sound fine. great actually. i  can't really tell though since the first time i used them was that time.

when i changed out the filters (i did so because my wax was soggy and i think it had already clogged them as they sound "bigger" now) the sound got much better. but it could have been burn in.

Sep 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #7 of 9
I have put mine in wet ears before and it appeared to kill one of them.
I replaced the filter in that channel and it was fine after that.
Lesson learned, don't insert them into a wet ear unless you want to replace the filter :wink:

Sep 9, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #8 of 9
I usually try to think of ways to protect my ER-4P (considering the replacement cost), not mess them up. 
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
well, i just got my er4-p and just had to used them right after i got done showering. i tried drying my ears out first with a rag, but apparently that didn't get all the moisture out.

how bad was this for my er4?

I wouldn't be worried about the ER4s as much as I would be worried about your ears.  When your ears' skin is saturated with liquids, they are easier to scratch.  When this happens, it is easier to for bacteria to live in this small scratch.  The moisture will allow it to grow faster as well and before you know it, you have an ear infection. 

Please do note that Etymotic does suggest damping your headphones' tips (not the headphones themselves) to get better insertion and seal if needed (I know I read this on their site somewhere), so I don't think damp ears will damage them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back