ER•20 High Fidelity Hearing Protection
Mar 18, 2009 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

THE_SOURCE41

100+ Head-Fier
I am just wondering if any of you have used these before. I have a few concerts coming up and I want to know if these are worth the price. Will they sound better then other earplugs or are they just a gimmick.

Sam

Mar 18, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #2 of 11
Definitely not a gimmick. They work as advertised and are great to have with you at any event (concert, club, etc) or when you're cutting the grass, or near a jet engine, or any time your ears will suffer from an exposure to high dB levels for any extended period of time.

At one time I did a mini review of the ER-20, and shared my thoughts in terms of how well/evenly they attenuated the volume of my main 2 channel audio system. I did some experiments listening at 90-95 dB with the ER-20 in my ears, and compared how it sounded relative to listening at 70-75 dB without the ER-20 in place. The results were remarkably similar, suggesting that you can confidently wear the ER-20 while attending a concert or out clubbing and be assured that you're not hearing a (much) distorted sound, but rather just experiencing the same event at a safer listening level.

Do an search on ER-20 for threads with ER-20 in the thread title (you'll have to use the advanced search feature to accomplish this, but it's easy, give it a try). You should find several informative threads, including the one I've mentioned above.

Mar 18, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #3 of 11
For what I know, Ety does have some awesome isolation though.

Mar 18, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #5 of 11
For the price? I bought them at eBay for like $10 bux. Hey at least they come in several attractive colors unlike pharmacy's boring plugs.

Mar 18, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #6 of 11
Another vote for ER20 here. Cheap and effective solution for any noisy environment.

Mar 18, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #7 of 11
Yes very good, I have used them at concerts for years

Mar 18, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #9 of 11
Like forever, if you keep it clean and change the silicone tri-flange eartips every few years or so.

Mar 18, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome, I'm picking up a pair too. Any idea on how reusable they are? like 10 concerts then replace?

I've had mine for years so I would say they are virtually indestructable and last a lifetime.

I did have to cut them down to bi-flanges as in the tri-flange configuration they were sooo painful. This must loose a bit of the isolation but is still a very nice volume knob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back