EQ plugin for Mac
Dec 16, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #18 of 34
I can see that you are running electri-q in vsthost. What else are you using beside eq to alter the sound?

A multiband dynamics compressor to take care of sibilance and a virtual room plugin for virtual 7.1 surround are my most commonly used plugins apart from EQ.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 16, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #19 of 34
A multiband dynamics compressor to take care of sibilance

I have tried some of the surround simulators, and they are quite amazing! But I cannot understand why you would compress dynamics? IMO, music with big dynamic range sound way better than compressed music.
This is getting a bit off topic ... sorry  

Dec 16, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #20 of 34
A multiband dynamics compressor to take care of sibilance

But I cannot understand why you would compress dynamics? IMO, music with big dynamic range sound way better than compressed music.
This is getting a bit off topic ... sorry  

The multiband dynamics compressor is only set to compress certain frequencies above my set threshold, to cut sibilance.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 16, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #21 of 34
The multiband dynamics compressor is only set to compress certain frequencies above my set threshold, to cut sibilance.

Ahh I see. Thats a good idea! I will try it myself  
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #22 of 34
Give me a screenshot of your setup with au lab and soundflowerbed and then I can help you troubleshoot.
No need to spend $20 on system wide eq

Missed this earlier. Thanks so much for being willing to help out. Uninstalled everything to start fresh. Will reinstall and send over shots this weekend. Thanks again!

Dec 21, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #24 of 34
I was planning to test a couple of 9-band parametric settings in Audirvana+ (with Etymotic ER-4S), is there any reason to not just use the already provided AUNBandEQ plugin for this?

EQuick (£75) seems like overkill feature- and moneywise, and I don't need global EQ (Soundflower), as far as I can tell.

Dec 21, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #25 of 34
I was planning to test a couple of 9-band parametric settings in Audirvana+ (with Etymotic ER-4S), is there any reason to not just use the already provided AUNBandEQ plugin for this?

EQuick (£75) seems like overkill feature- and moneywise, and I don't need global EQ (Soundflower), as far as I can tell.

If you only need 9 bands I don't see any reason why you should get EQuick. I have not tried the AUNBandEQ though. 

Dec 23, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #26 of 34
Give me a screenshot of your setup with au lab and soundflowerbed and then I can help you troubleshoot.
No need to spend $20 on system wide eq

Here's a screenshot of my preferences. Odd thing is the EQ worked perfectly last night through the laptop speakers! But, as soon as I plug the headphones in and select it as output in sound within system preferences, the EQ does nothing. I'm obviously confused with the input/output choices across Soundflower, AU and Mac preferences.

Thanks so much for your help

Dec 23, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #27 of 34
  Here's a screenshot of my preferences. Odd thing is the EQ worked perfectly last night through the laptop speakers! But, as soon as I plug the headphones in and select it as output in sound within system preferences, the EQ does nothing. I'm obviously confused with the input/output choices across Soundflower, AU and Mac preferences.

Thanks so much for your help

First of all, you should choose soundflower as the output in system preferences. 

Then choose to make a new document in AU Lab. In the left menu choose factory configuration = stereo in/stereo out. Choose Audio Input device = soundflower 2ch and Audio Output device = build-in output. That should make it work 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back