EQ for Spotify (Android)
Sep 29, 2017 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Beanlipe

Head-Fier
Hey guys greetings!

Can you guys recommend a EQ for Android on a system level to be used with Spotify?

I'm using Android 7.0 btw.

On desktop I use Equalizer APO with Peace UI, wish there was something similar on Android.

Cheers!

Sep 29, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #2 of 7
Sorry I can't be of much help but remember to EQ your bands down first and work up from there! It's good practice to not exceed 0db to make sure you're not introducing distortion.

Sep 29, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #3 of 7
Can you guys recommend a EQ for Android on a system level to be used with Spotify?

I'm using Android 7.0 btw.

On desktop I use Equalizer APO with Peace UI, wish there was something similar on Android.

I use a Note 4 for Spotify and I just run Adapt Sound with a semi-auto calibration. Good enough for me even though what it does is boost freqs you can't hear in the calibration process rather than trim the louder frequencies.

Sep 29, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #4 of 7
I use a Note 4 for Spotify and I just run Adapt Sound with a semi-auto calibration. Good enough for me even though what it does is boost freqs you can't hear in the calibration process rather than trim the louder frequencies.

My cell is the Moto X Force / Droid Turbo 2 so I don't have that. The problem is I need a very specific EQ for my Audeze iSine but I can't seem to do it with Spotify.

Sep 29, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #5 of 7
My cell is the Moto X Force / Droid Turbo 2 so I don't have that. The problem is I need a very specific EQ for my Audeze iSine but I can't seem to do it with Spotify.

I was thinking that if you weren't using Samsung maybe whatever you have has a similar DSP. If not there's an app called Neutralizer that kind of works the same way. Can't tell if it just doesn't work as well or the Android tablet I tried it on just had a crappy audio chip.

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #6 of 7
I was thinking that if you weren't using Samsung maybe whatever you have has a similar DSP. If not there's an app called Neutralizer that kind of works the same way. Can't tell if it just doesn't work as well or the Android tablet I tried it on just had a crappy audio chip.

I've just downloaded to try but unfortunatelly it crashes when I plug my DAC. Seemed promising tho

Sep 30, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #7 of 7
I've just downloaded to try but unfortunatelly it crashes when I plug my DAC. Seemed promising tho

If you're using digital output that and similar apps might not work. Adapt Sound works via digital on Note3 but not on Note4, although it could be this specific software only (I split locally stored/streaming Spotify for casual music on my Note 4 and use my Note 3 for critical listening with locally stored FLAC on Neutron Music Player, which does have digital DSP that works).

In any case try other apps but don't get the paid versions without a thorough trial period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back