ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Nov 19, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #916 of 1,237
  metal fans, word is Alex at Metalfi is getting one to review....

Metalfi?

I've never heard of that site.  Off to go check it out now....

I mostly listen to electronic music but take detours into black metal- Burzum, Mayhem, etc. (not into any of the messages/philosophies, I just really like the sounds of the music) and death metal and some 80's stuff like Judas Priest.  

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #917 of 1,237
I want to clarify that I don't dislike the bass.  It is that I am not used to the bass slam in my ears the way the Dharma's do it.  The K10s are different, more like a closed speaker, not a ported one.  

Shawn

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #918 of 1,237
  I want to clarify that I don't dislike the bass.  It is that I am not used to the bass slam in my ears the way the Dharma's do it.  The K10s are different, more like a closed speaker, not a ported one.  

Shawn

too much bass slam?
wink_face.gif

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #923 of 1,237
Not sure why we're saying there aren't any first impressions?

Here's one:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/750437/enigmacoustics-dharma/780#post_12075996

This user followed up later with his decision to return the headphones to the seller.

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #924 of 1,237
Any first impression about dharma?

I've put up multiple impression posts about it, as has Cute.  PM me if you have anything more specific you want to ask! 

For the record, to continue my input of the Dharma - I love it and think it's the best headphone I've owned or auditioned.  Every session makes me like it more and more. 

Nov 20, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #925 of 1,237

Any first impression about dharma?

I've put up multiple impression posts about it, as has Cute.  PM me if you have anything more specific you want to ask! 

For the record, to continue my input of the Dharma - I love it and think it's the best headphone I've owned or auditioned.  Every session makes me like it more and more. 

I'll second what @Oregonian said, I've auditioned about everything else out there under $2000, I will have the HFM Edition X here next week for comparison.  I purchased my Dharma from Moon-Audio, and Drew with his vast knowledge and access to headphones, has the sound of the Dharma second only to the HE1K.  With all of the new headphone releases having increased pricing, it is nice to see a somewhat affordable headphone like the Dharma have this sound quality!  Don't know why so many people are so "nutz" to pay so much, when sound quality is not always based on price!

Nov 20, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #926 of 1,237

I'll second what @Oregonian said, I've auditioned about everything else out there under $2000, I will have the HFM Edition X here next week for comparison.  I purchased my Dharma from Moon-Audio, and Drew with his vast knowledge and access to headphones, has the sound of the Dharma second only to the HE1K.  With all of the new headphone releases having increased pricing, it is nice to see a somewhat affordable headphone like the Dharma have this sound quality!  Don't know why so many people are so "nutz" to pay so much, when sound quality is not always based on price!

A comparison of the HEX and the Dharma will be very interesting. The other contender in the price range will be the Sennheiser 800S, I guess.

Nov 20, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #927 of 1,237

Metalfi?

I've never heard of that site.  Off to go check it out now....

I mostly listen to electronic music but take detours into black metal- Burzum, Mayhem, etc. (not into any of the messages/philosophies, I just really like the sounds of the music) and death metal and some 80's stuff like Judas Priest.  

I joined the forum. Very diverse and wide ranging topics. Some very intelligent, interesting metal fans there. Recommended. Plus a fair amount of gear discussion.

Nov 20, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #928 of 1,237
I want to know if the Dharma can rock classical? I've been listening to a lot of symphonic works these days.

Nov 20, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #929 of 1,237
  I want to know if the Dharma can rock classical? I've been listening to a lot of symphonic works these days.

I've got some classical I can try................get back to ya either later tonight or tomorrow. 

Nov 20, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #930 of 1,237
That would be great. I'm curious how the soundspace & large scale bombast of a symphony translates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back