ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
May 17, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #346 of 1,237
I only know of a closed experiment which could never make it out alive and a "HE-7" type. 

May 19, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #347 of 1,237

I suppose I'm  being impatient or should there not be more impressions on the Dharma from High End? Are there any links anyone has found that have impressions or even reviews from the experts that must have gone to Munich?

May 21, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #349 of 1,237
A short digital audio review article - http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/05/enigmacoustics-dharma-d1000-headphones-at-munich-high-end-2015/
Not much info there, but they praise it 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 21, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #350 of 1,237
Bummed to head they won't be out until July. I've only heard good things though (except that the bass is slower than the treble) so I went ahead and pre-ordered a pair from Todd the vinyl junkie. Anybody else do the same?

May 22, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #352 of 1,237
Any info about impedance? I'm not sure how it would work with the hybrid design but since my amp has an output impedance of 10, it would be nice to know if these are a viable option. I've heard that orthos don't care that much about damping factor but how about hybrids? Also would low W on lowish impedance be a factow with an amp that is designed to throw more power at a high impedance headphone.

May 22, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #353 of 1,237
  Any info about impedance? I'm not sure how it would work with the hybrid design but since my amp has an output impedance of 10, it would be nice to know if these are a viable option. I've heard that orthos don't care that much about damping factor but how about hybrids? Also would low W on lowish impedance be a factow with an amp that is designed to throw more power at a high impedance headphone.

26 ohms impedance, 95dB/mW sensitivity.

May 22, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #355 of 1,237
I find it interesting that so many have claimed it is super coherent. I wasn't entirely sure about that, I felt like I could distinctly tell apart the drivers (not from a soundstage and imaging perspective, thankfully). I just thought the mids and bass felt slow and warm, and the treble went at lightspeed. I enjoyed the treble resolution, and bass impact was pretty good, nice mids too. Big soundstage. But idk, to these ears, I recall thinking the different parts of it were evident. Keep in mind I had fairly short impressions of it.

May 22, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #357 of 1,237
That is true. I was under the impression that most of the remaining changes would be cosmetic, but I suppose I have never listened to a production version, so I really am speculating as well. To be more fair to my previous post, I enjoyed what I heard. So I'm not trashing them

May 25, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #358 of 1,237
  I'm strongly considering it. 

me, too. I'm friends w/ the dealer in the DC area, Mark Sossa-great guy. He helped me put together my speaker set up. We've talked about meeting pretty soon to listen with my Nuprime DACH that I bought from him. It has a built in HP amp. Looking forward to that. I liked them when he brought the prototype to the Northern Virginia/DC meet. I'm right on the fence between them and the HE560. Possbily LCD-2. 

May 25, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #359 of 1,237

me, too. I'm friends w/ the dealer in the DC area, Mark Sossa-great guy. He helped me put together my speaker set up. We've talked about meeting pretty soon to listen with my Nuprime DACH that I bought from him. It has a built in HP amp. Looking forward to that. I liked them when he brought the prototype to the Northern Virginia/DC meet. I'm right on the fence between them and the HE560. Possbily LCD-2. 

I'd look forward to what you have to say. Especially if the Ether is thrown in the mix as well 
wink_face.gif

May 25, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #360 of 1,237
  I'd look forward to what you have to say. Especially if the Ether is thrown in the mix as well 
wink_face.gif

Yes, I'd like to hear the Ether as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back