End Game Setup Suggestions for HD800 and HDVA600
Apr 17, 2018 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kylewit

New Head-Fier
I have purchased the Senn HD800 hp, HDVA600 amp, DacMagic Plus dac, connected through USB2 to Acer Chromebook R11 on 320 kbit/s spotify premium stream. The HP and amp are endgame for me. I have neither upgraded to lossless format nor upgraded cables (incl. CH 800 S). I am wondering whether my chain is lacking in SQ in any obvious or significant way due to any part of my chain. Does anyone have any suggestions for improvements for noticeable or important differences? I prefer almost absolute neutral sound for detail/clarity/soundstage, but slightly warmer and smoother.

Apr 17, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #2 of 4
One upgrade would be getting lossless format. It can upgrade the SQ significantly. If you like warmer and smoother sound signature, you can consider replacing your HDVA600 by a tube amp. Tube Amps tend to give more neutral and warmer sounding. I would say source is more important than cable, upgrade the source first :)

Apr 21, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #4 of 4
Don't see any possible upgrade path from then on unless you are willing to drop thousands again. But in my opinion, transducer (headphone) upgrades come first before the others. That is where you would experience the most significant change. If you are happy with the sound right now, don't dwell too much on it and enjoy the music. Go to meets or demo at stores instead to audition your potential upgrades. Don't waste money blind buying hoping to hear a large difference or improvement in your case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back