EMU 0404 USB vs 0202 USB (mass damping)
Mar 28, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #31 of 50
Mar 28, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #32 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by cegras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Multi-quote, use it!

but then he wouldn't have any post-count, and couldn't be as much of an annoyance
wink.gif

and peanuthead, I wasn't exactly directing that at you, more the "lets ban patrick he's stupid" rants that his threads recieve, just because people don't see eye to eye

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #33 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but then he wouldn't have any post-count, and couldn't be as much of an annoyance
wink.gif

and peanuthead, I wasn't exactly directing that at you, more the "lets ban patrick he's stupid" rants that his threads recieve, just because people don't see eye to eye

Gotcha. I got to peruse some of his other threads, and have a better understanding now.
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #36 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by peanuthead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gotcha. I got to peruse some of his other threads, and have a better understanding now.
tongue_smile.gif

Well, some people can't handle the truth is all the real issue is. All of my posts are legit and factual, unlike Patricks.

Mar 29, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #38 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, some people can't handle the truth is all the real issue is.

Tell that to the people with $100 000+ systems. High-end sources (DAC, transport, clock, upsampler), amps, power conditioners, interconnects, digital cables...They can all be removed and use a system for peanut price which sounds better. Laptop + EMU0404 USB gives the best sound to me.

Mar 30, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #40 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tell that to the people with $100 000+ systems. High-end sources (DAC, transport, clock, upsampler), amps, power conditioners, interconnects, digital cables...They can all be removed and use a system for peanut price which sounds better. Laptop + EMU0404 USB gives the best sound to me.

Then where do you get all that expensive equipment you post photos of? You work in the business and take it home on loan?

Mar 30, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #41 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by cegras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Multi-quote, use it!

One more thing about multi-quoting. That feature is useless to me because I reply to posts as I read them and don't read the whole thread and then go back and multi-quote everyone I want to reply to. I think that's how most other people do it too.

Mar 30, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #42 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats debatable....
rolleyes.gif

Everything is debatable and is why I like going to web forums. Without healthy debate they would be boring. I know I am an antagonist but that is how I like to be.

Mar 30, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #43 of 50
Quote:

One more thing about multi-quoting. That feature is useless to me because I reply to posts as I read them and don't read the whole thread and then go back and multi-quote everyone I want to reply to. I think that's how most other people do it too.

no, most people use the multiquote function

at the VERY least, simply use the "edit" button to add in extra comments "as you read"

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #44 of 50
Quote:

Then where do you get all that expensive equipment you post photos of? You work in the business and take it home on loan?

No, I bought the equipment based on recommendations of others, then I realized the mistake and sold them for a fraction of the price. The only one you can trust is yourself.

In this hobby I have lost $50 000+ just from experimenting, I have sliced up Nordost Valhalla, Valkyrja, Solar Wind and Vishnu cables, mutilated and blew up one Premier Power Plant (I needed to buy a 2nd), three P300 Power Plants (one blew up), Noise Harvester (rolled some LEDs and blew it up), Ultimate Outlet, JuiceBar, Cary 303/300, PS Audio GCC-100 (blew up pre-amp), Benchmark DAC1, three K1000 (one blew up), all are mutilated beyond repair. I even cut out the wall in the apartment, they told me to move so they could fix the wall. I got a chance to A/B different apartments and wirings. Mutilating everything was worth it for better sound.

I almost started mutilating the dCS gear to fix the noise problem, but then I tried Genesis power cables and realized that I got better sound with Genesis + computer than stock + dCS. I sold dCS along with all mutilated gear for peanut price. I purchased Judge power cable and I get better sound than ever before. Tweaks + short signal path + low electricity gives the best sound to me.

Mar 31, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #45 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, most people use the multiquote function

at the VERY least, simply use the "edit" button to add in extra comments "as you read"

No, I will reply to posts as I read them. Seems like a pretty logical method to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back