Empyrean elite
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #196 of 279
@Ciggavelli

When u have some free time could you do me a favour, and have a listen to the album Stella and Steve by Benee.

Screenshot_20210902-075425_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

It isn't anything masterful and does not offer much in terms of showing off headphone technicalities or soundstage/imaging etc but it remains one of my favourite albums. I love her voice and the constant bass notes/melody and punch.

Could you listen to a few songs and share what u think of the sub-bass, leading punch/snap to the bass, and also her voice (whether u notice any sibilance or etch). I also like how her music has a lot of small elements in the background, which can be easily made out and isolated on the Utopia/Susvara.

Her voice (and it's leading edges) and the snap of the snare drum element keeps the whole album engaging for me. It's when I fell asleep to this album when listening with the original Empy that I realized it had to go... Just wondering if the same thing may happen with the Elite.
Will do

Sep 1, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #197 of 279
Don’t worry, guys like Pete will pay full price and end up selling them shortly for a discount.
Sayyyyyy what????? Lmao. Full price? Huhhhhh. Well, can't say I won't agree on the selling part. Am I known for doing these things around here? Not my fault I'm not pleased for very long, and people should feel blessed I don't mind helping out and losing a dollar here and a dollar there. Lol

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #199 of 279
Just asking to (old) Empy owners: did burn in have a noticeable effect on SQ?

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #200 of 279
Sep 1, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #201 of 279
Sep 2, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #202 of 279
Man, @Ciggavelli really has all the nice cans one could wish for looking at the signature.
Really looking forward to the further impressions

Sep 2, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #203 of 279
Man, @Ciggavelli really has all the nice cans one could wish for looking at the signature.
Really looking forward to the further impressions
No kidding, his current collection of gear is very, very impressive!

Sep 2, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #204 of 279
No kidding, his current collection of gear is very, very impressive!
His collection is alright, a shame his chain is not quite up to snuff… :beyersmile::ksc75smile:

Sep 2, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #207 of 279
@Ciggavelli

When u have some free time could you do me a favour, and have a listen to the album Stella and Steve by Benee.

Screenshot_20210902-075425_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

It isn't anything masterful and does not offer much in terms of showing off headphone technicalities or soundstage/imaging etc but it remains one of my favourite albums. I love her voice and the constant bass notes/melody and punch.

Could you listen to a few songs and share what u think of the sub-bass, leading punch/snap to the bass, and also her voice (whether u notice any sibilance or etch). I also like how her music has a lot of small elements in the background, which can be easily made out and isolated on the Utopia/Susvara.

Her voice (and it's leading edges) and the snap of the snare drum element keeps the whole album engaging for me. It's when I fell asleep to this album when listening with the original Empy that I realized it had to go... Just wondering if the same thing may happen with the Elite.
"It's when I fell asleep to this album when listening with the original Empy that I realized it had to go" - That's when I realize headphone is a keeper for me :)

Sep 2, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #208 of 279
"It's when I fell asleep to this album when listening with the original Empy that I realized it had to go" - That's when I realize headphone is a keeper for me :)
There are cheaper cures for insomnia. :darthsmile:

Sep 2, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #210 of 279
Closed vs Open?
Why not? People are too wrapped up in all these different groups and labels. Aren't planar and dynamic phones compared too? Don't car magazines compare turbo cars vs naturally aspirated ones? Plus I heard the "closed" Stealth sounds very open, so why not? And what if you own only "open" phones, then the comparisons won't help you much if they compare Stealth to Stellia or Verite Closed only...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back