Empyrean elite
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #226 of 279
My Elites should be here tomorrow. If time allows, I'll try to post some impressions compared to the Empyreans.
Excellent. Enjoy and let us know!

Sep 2, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #227 of 279
Sep 2, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #228 of 279
More impressions pouring in. It's becoming clear now.

Compared to Susvara.
https://forum.headphones.com/t/meze...open-back-planar-magnetic-headphones/14284/17

"Setup was Wavedream XLR → Luxman L550axii → Sus and Wavedream RCA → GSX Mini → Elite"

This is not a really fair comparison, is it? 6k$ headamp vs. 1.8k$ headamp and balanced (XLR) vs. unbalanced (RCA).

Conclusion: Oh, I am so happy that my Susy is still so much superior. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cheers,
Bernie

P.S. Thanks for posting the link, every impression is interesting in this early stage.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #229 of 279
"Setup was Wavedream XLR → Luxman L550axii → Sus and Wavedream RCA → GSX Mini → Elite"

This is not a really fair comparison, is it? 6k$ headamp vs. 1.8k$ headamp and balanced (XLR) vs. unbalanced (RCA).

Conclusion: Oh, I am so happy that my Susy is still so much superior. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cheers,
Bernie

P.S. Thanks for posting the link, every impression is interesting in this early stage.
Probably best to listen for yourself before you get too huffy puffy about it.

Sep 2, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #230 of 279

Cheers,
Bernie

So you're clueless. You may not base fairness on price. Both amps are competent. And balanced. DUR.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #231 of 279
Probably best to listen for yourself before you get too huffy puffy about it.
Always best to listen for yourself.
Still strange thst they didn't compare on the same chain.

Sep 2, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #232 of 279
Always best to listen for yourself.
Still strange thst they didn't compare on the same chain.
It's not strange. Just read the post. The elite is too sensitive to run on the speaker taps like susvara. Susvara will not be driven properly on a gsx mini. You can't have it both ways. One of the benefits of meze products is the fact that they can run off phones, a gsx mini should be more than enough to demonstrate at least 90% of what Elite can do.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #233 of 279
It's not strange. Just read the post. The elite is too sensitive to run on the speaker taps like susvara. Susvara will not be driven properly on a gsx mini. You can't have it both ways. Of the benefit of meme products is the fact that they can run off phones, a gsx mini should be more than enough to demonstrate at least 90% of what Elite can do.
Hell even saying 90% is being generous. With the low impedance and high sensitivity of the Elite, I'd say the mini demonstrates 99% of what the Elite can do.

Sep 2, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #234 of 279
It's not strange. Just read the post. The elite is too sensitive to run on the speaker taps like susvara. Susvara will not be driven properly on a gsx mini. You can't have it both ways. Of the benefit of meme products is the fact that they can run off phones, a gsx mini should be more than enough to demonstrate at least 90% of what Elite can do.
That's an empty Statement that the Susvara can't be driven properly on the GSX-MINI.
It can drive the Susvara just fine.

With different amplifiers in the chain, especially of totally different price Segments a comparison is very innacurate.

Sep 2, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #235 of 279
That's an empty Statement that the Susvara can't be driven properly on the GSX-MINI.
It can drive the Susvara just fine.

With different amplifiers in the chain, especially of totally different price Segments a comparison is very innacurate.
So you would rather know how a "just fine" susvara compares to elite rather than both headphones being powered properly? I don't think the conclusion on the Elite will really change if Sus is used on the GSX but I'll humor you and make that comparison as well.

Sep 2, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #236 of 279
So you would rather know how a "just fine" susvara compares to elite rather than both headphones being powered properly? I don't think the conclusion on the Elite will really change if Sus is used on the GSX but I'll humor you and make that comparison as well.
I'd want to know how they sound on the same gear.
There is plenty available that can drive both to their full extend.

Otherwise every aspect that differs could come either from the headphones or from the amplifier.

Sep 2, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #237 of 279
Sep 2, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #238 of 279
I'd want to know how they sound on the same gear.
There is plenty available that can drive both to their full extend.

Otherwise every aspect that differs could come either from the headphones or from the amplifier.
Unfortunately I don't have the "plenty available" amp that will drive a super efficient headphone and one of the hardest headphone to drive. The only two I know of would be the ahb2 and bakoon 13r. Generally headphone amps leave susvara feeling boring and flat.

Sep 2, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #239 of 279
@Ciggavelli and @BassicScience

guys, thanks so much for having a listen! that album is one of my favourites, and i definitely value your opinions on this forum (for this matter and a whole slew of others).

i agree, the album sounds fantastic with the susvara. the separation is great and it handles the low end consistently well and with ease throughout all songs. i enjoy it most with the Utopia (adds a bit of warmth and body, and more forward centric vocals), then Susvara (when i feel like having a more laid back session), and lastly Abyss (when i want a fun bass heavy session, but i do get occasionally rather sharp and hollow vocals with her songs on the 1266). The album is, however, not fun at all with the Raal SR1a.

re Cigg's comment on bass quality; the Susvara bass quality is hard to beat! i'd say it has the best bass quality (texture, detail, good/right amount of punch and sub-bass) amongst all my headphones. i'd guess, to expect the Elite to best it in bass would be a big request indeed. @BassicScience her other album is pretty nice too! love her voice. and she sounds like she is having so much fun singing her songs.

looks like i made the right decision in not doing a blind buy. i just heard from a friend, one of the local dealers just received it and have it as a shop demo. i'll try and make my way down to have a listen one of these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back