Empyrean elite
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #256 of 279
Isn't the GSX-mini amp something to get for its coloring? Is that coloring appropriate with the Elite?
Luxman also has some coloring. All of your gear that I see in your signature has some type of effect on the sound. Pick your poison. At least it's not sucking out the soul like some THX/Topping amps.

Sep 2, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #257 of 279
Been listening her song (Supalonely) since more than a year ago. Thank to your post now I dig even more about her albums. Also, actually it's available on hdtracks.

Benee has been one of my favorite finds through COVID artist wise, really thrilled to see her get shout outs in this thread :darthsmile:

Sep 3, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #258 of 279
I think they should forget the Susvara comparisons. I get the point that Meze wants to make, but the Susvara’s are just next level listening. A better comparison to me would be to the HEKse’s, which have similar efficiency as the Elites with Susvara “like” sound. Maybe even the Abyss Diana Phi’s which have some of the best resolution and performance of any headphone at that price point.

From what I can tell, Meze wants to push the improvements in resolve of the Elites why not pit it against the HEKse’s and Diana Phi’s, which have similar sonic traits of the Elites? Plus they are in the same price category as the Elites. I’m just saying…..
I am primarily interested in the Elites because they are so easy to drive. My current lineup is comprised of headphones which are harder to drive and I'd like to have something that can be driven well with Dragonfly and a Hugo2.

My interest in the comparison to the Susvara is really about wanting to understand the relative differences in sound characteristics. Since I have the Susvaras, a comparison from someone who has heard both helps give me insight into whether the Elite might be something in which I am interested. Mostly its about benchmarking against something with which I am familiar.

Sep 3, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #260 of 279
So we have just a couple of tests - comparisons that seem to be done rushed and in haste.
With a brand new headphone, without giving it the time to burn in or live with it for an extended period of time and then that is , the conclusion has been drawn.
Wonderful.
I agree that it is not fully appropriate to judge a pair of headphones after a day or two, but first impressions are still useful to get a quick idea of what to expect. More detailed use will need to be done to properly evaluate them, but given that the cans are only a couple days old, it’s just not possible at this point in time.

I will say, some headphones took me a long time to properly evaluate. It took me months to fully appreciate the Susvaras, and it took a bit to properly evaluate the Solitaire Ps.

So, I hear what you’re saying. it’s just not possible to do a long term analysis when the headphones just released a couple days ago 🤷‍♂️

Sep 3, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #261 of 279
So we have just a couple of tests - comparisons that seem to be done rushed and in haste.
With a brand new headphone, without giving it the time to burn in or live with it for an extended period of time and then that is , the conclusion has been drawn.
Wonderful.
My interpretation is that we have some great first impressions of a new headphone that not many have had the pleasure of auditioning. I am appreciative to have this information. I don't believe that conclusions have been drawn.

Over time more will purchase the Elites. Headphones will burn in. More comparisons will surface. Opinions will be further formed.

Sep 3, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #263 of 279
Is there anyone else finding it cumbersome to follow two Elite threads? With all due respect should we not direct people to the official Elite thread and close this one? Just wondering.
Yes, I "vote" for this solution.
If it's possible maybe merge them.

Sep 3, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #265 of 279
Plus this thread's Title is mislabeled for the official model name.

On the other hand, the other thread is technically an announcement thread in the sub-forums for so. To have it as the official thread, makes this whole sub-forum obsolete.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #267 of 279
Plus this thread's Title is incorrect.
And yes according to a communication with Meze the have clearly stated that the new headphone is Meze Elite.
Nothing to do with the Empyrean.
The first batch of cases is mistakenly printed as "Empyrean Elite" and it will be fixed with the next one.

Sep 3, 2021 at 6:01 AM Post #268 of 279
And then there is also the discussion in the empyrean thread.

why not consider putting all in the empyrean thread

Sep 3, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #269 of 279
And yes according to a communication with Meze the have clearly stated that the new headphone is Meze Elite.
Nothing to do with the Empyrean.
The first batch of cases is mistakenly printed as "Empyrean Elite" and it will be fixed with the next one.
I wonder how my case will look like.
First bstch of Dark Mystery, however they will be painted starting mid of September

Sep 3, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #270 of 279
I wonder how my case will look like.
First bstch of Dark Mystery, however they will be painted starting mid of September
Since this batch is already out of stock, I suppose that the next case will be fixed.
The Dark mystery is exclusive to the German distributor or mass produced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back