Empyrean elite
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #46 of 279
I won't expect Elite to best TC in TC's superior feature areas.
We should take these cans for their specific strengths.
I am looking for an Elite because of the same attributes Empyrean standard is known for but I am also looking for a TC - one day for its vast loudspeaker stage, speed, clarity and bass impact.
I want Elite to provide me lush musical enjoyment for night time listening and calming down, provide me a good wearing comfort for long term listening.
I don't expect Elite to disappoint me in that regards
Perhaps you KNOW something...:thinking:

Aug 24, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #47 of 279
No one really knows before listening personally.
Just found it obvious that Empy vs TC is like a perfect complement but not a competition for each other

Aug 24, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #48 of 279
Someone might have already posted this somewhere else, but I came across this Facebook Story on Meze's page today -

IMG_20210825_095834.jpg

Edit: This is already a topic of discussion in the Empyrean thread.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #50 of 279
Looks like it might be a softer metal like aluminum.
The edge looks gummy:
lJV5Jy0.png

Probably not magnesium because that's dangerous to CNC.

I assume they created this texture by cutting the material a little too fast which induced some "chatter".
Maybe it was an accident and they were like "this looks cool!" "organic design!" "the future is now!".
Or maybe they have some super state of the art technique for creating the texture and I'm completely wrong.
:upside_down:

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #51 of 279
Looks like it might be a softer metal like aluminum.
The edge looks gummy:
lJV5Jy0.png

Probably not magnesium because that's dangerous to CNC.

I assume they created this texture by cutting the material a little too fast which induced some "chatter".
Maybe it was an accident and they were like "this looks cool!" "organic design!" "the future is now!".
Or maybe they have some super state of the art technique for creating the texture and I'm completely wrong.
:upside_down:
As far as I understood from the Instagram posts they at least claim it's designed and produced on purpose 😉

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #53 of 279
Are we sure these should be in summit fi considering how the Empyreans sound?
Never understood the dedicated subforum for summit-fi anyway. We have 500$ cans in the summit-fi forum, 3000-6000$ iems and headphones in the normal forums, headphones that sound like crap in the summit-fi forum and absolutely beautiful sounding things in the normal forums.

Aug 26, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #54 of 279
Never understood the dedicated subforum for summit-fi anyway. We have 500$ cans in the summit-fi forum, 3000-6000$ iems and headphones in the normal forums, headphones that sound like crap in the summit-fi forum and absolutely beautiful sounding things in the normal forums.

At the very top of the Summit-fi section, you see this description.

This forum is for discussion of top-of-the-line (TOTL), exclusive headphones (eg: electrostats) and high-end audio and headphone rigs.

If I remember correctly, this section came about after the HD800/T1's came out. I don't know what the logic was behind it but it's possible that those who are looking in this section are quite particular in what they're looking for and might not get as much traction as low/mid-fi offerings where the market is much larger. I would think separating out the two would help those looking for TOTL feedback to not get lost with the threads that get a ton of attention.

There was discussion about flagships vs TOTL in the empyrean thread. Is a flagship considered TOTL or should TOTL be based on the collective group like headphones or IEMs?

Aug 26, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #55 of 279
All I see is the Apple Max from those close up pictures. lol

Aug 27, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #57 of 279
From Facebook
Screenshot_20210827-113250_Facebook.jpg

Guess a fine tuned Rinaro driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back