Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE
Mar 29, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #32 of 265
A few name suggestions in keeping with the Greek gods:

Helios (god of the sun)

Aeolus (god of wind/air)

Zelus (god of zeal/rivalry/jealousy)

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #33 of 265
All the cool Greek names have been said, but if you're willing to consider anything other than Greek Mythology, how about "Sublime." of such excellence, grandeur, or beauty as to inspire great admiration or awe.

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #34 of 265
I wanted to put "Strikes Back", but seems everyone is really pouring their efforts into this one. So like a good kid, I'm looking at the Greek dictionaries too!

I googled one and searched for "da best". One name stood out.

"ARISTOS".

To keep the Empire going, we need nothing less than da best, and we expect nothing but da best.

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #38 of 265
THANK you Empire Ears, for giving us this wonderful chance.

The new flagship name I'd propose, the God of the sea, Poseidon.

I think he will be a match for Zeus, the God of the sky. For if Zeus rules high above, then Poseidon rules deep below. It also fits the sound character of the prototype I've tried. Apparent deep, seismic bass, accompanied by the smooth liquid mids and treble. It's a suiting name IMO.

For reference, here is my facebook post:

www.facebook.com/EmpireEars/posts/1903565379880674?comment_id=1903718496532029

3A) Aune M2 Digital Audio Player -> PlusSound Apollonian+ Silver-Gold Type 6 Litz Cable -> Oriolus 2 Universal In-Ear Monitor

3B) head-fi.org/u/468663/ranfan

3C)"
ZEUS-XR, a marvel of human engineering, and one of the great wonders of the IEM world. A grand spectacle for the eyes, and a beautiful enchanter for the ears. It is a monumental feat, how Empire Ears were able to tune this instrument.

An extraordinary musical indulgence for anyone to hear. ZEUS-XR, has left me amazed everytime I listen to it. The sound of its acoustics and vocals; the timbre of each piano notes, the vibration of vocal chords. All recreated sounding so surreal, and life-like. It is no wonder that the ZEUS-XR acquired such godly name.

This IEM is something to wish for. Residing itself at the very summit of the IEM realm. It would be a priviledge, an honor, and an absolute pleasure for me to be able to have the mighty ZEUS-XR in my life. Thank you Empire Ears, for giving me this opportunity.
"

--

Compiled potential names:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/842710/empire-ears-x-effect-audio-giveaway-2017-empire-spring-sale/45#post_13385137

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #39 of 265
  Hades rules the underworld, but in Greek mythology the underworld includes versions of Heaven and Hell, so I don't know where this dark, wet and gloomy is coming from, as the Elysian Fields are also in Hades' realm.

oh sorry if i got some wrong, not very well versed in greek mythology, shall read more in my free time. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #41 of 265
  What about Thanatos, the personification of death? 

Those who are influenced by the sound of the new flagship would have their upgrade urges killed. (if only..)

Sorry but it sounds like Tetanus, the god of muscle spasms. 
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #42 of 265
The Potential Flagship Name should be Gaia, the mother of all life. Without Gaia, there is no other God and life in the world. Gaia is orgin of everything. Thats why it is suitable name for the next flagship IEM.

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #43 of 265
I was going to say Kronos as well but that's already taken. Best of luck to everyone. Go with kronos, it radiates power and domination.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aPoEAC8JJ7w
Dang, well I was thinking of saying Kronos, I'll think of something else though.

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #44 of 265

I was going to say Kronos as well but that's already taken. Best of luck to everyone. Go with kronos, it radiates power and domination.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aPoEAC8JJ7w

Dang, well I was thinking of saying Kronos, I'll think of something else though.

And getting your entrails carved up by your son because you refuse to heed prophesy. Greek gods were incredibly violent. Maybe we should do the Vulcan? Hephaestus is a terrible name for a product, too long, too hard to spell. Vulcan is the Romanization of it. God of craft and creativity. Somebody should honor him in HeadFi.

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #45 of 265
I will go for Uranus

Son of Gaia, also meanes ''the Sky'' in Greek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back