Empire Ears Discussion Thread
Oct 29, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #76 of 90
Website looks absolutely AMAZING, great job guys! Also Impressions and review of the Hermes VI coming very soon!

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #77 of 90
Apollo X thoughts coming soon!

I hope unlike the Athena, the Apollo can top it with the up-close and personal vocal and YET retains Athena's technicality and naturalness. Greedy me~

Oct 29, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #78 of 90

I hope unlike the Athena, the Apollo can top it with the up-close and personal vocal and YET retains Athena's technicality and naturalness. Greedy me~

You just want everything don't you, you greedy person
cool.gif
lol. Though I sure hope it gives that level of performance considering the price.....says me, one of the world's many IEM peasants
tongue.gif

Oct 29, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #79 of 90
i hope there's a trade up program for people with earwerkz CIEMs 
tongue.gif
  but that's just me being cheap and greedy.  haha.  if initial impressions of the lineup (can't wait for this weekend!) are good, and there's one that sounds like what i want, i may very well have found a way to spend part of my christmas bonus..  haha

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #80 of 90
  i hope there's a trade up program for people with earwerkz CIEMs 
tongue.gif
  but that's just me being cheap and greedy.  haha.  if initial impressions of the lineup (can't wait for this weekend!) are good, and there's one that sounds like what i want, i may very well have found a way to spend part of my christmas bonus..  haha

That would certainly be unexpected to me haha. Doubt it would happen, but let's be honest, would giving Jack some more money to produce more of his amazing IEMs be so painful? Lol
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #81 of 90
So from the website descriptions...

Athena - Lush, intimate vocals, micro-detail, immersive, front and centre.
I'd expect this to be up-front, detailed, slightly warm. Probably like Legend.

Apollo - Breataking 3D imaging, high resolution audio reproduction.
Sounds like a studio monitor with emphasis on neutrality and soundstage... Layla contender?

Purely speculation on my part.

Oct 29, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #82 of 90
The final tuning ended up being less overall bass than the prototype as far as I recall. Did you get to hear the final version? Is your custom similar or different? How does the reduced sensitivity affect the overall sound compared to the higher sensitivity? Lol, sorry for all the questions!

Yup, I've been using the final version of the Cerberus 3 universals with low-sensitivity for some time now. My customs are not the final version, I've been listening to the universal (I've sent my customs in to be re-done in an image of these lower sensitivity ones)

Despite the reduced sensitivity, I heard more detail than the normal sensitivity CIEMs - and I think this is because the hiss that accompanied the normal sensitivity "masked out" some of the detail. These sound veryvery detailed, certainly more detailed than the normal sensitivity ones.

Unless you have a really good DAC with a superbly low noise floor, you might be better off with the lower sensitivity ones - they sound phenomenal! Like, how do these even manage to rival the detail of the Rockets? These are very articulate.

(I find it difficult to describe how these are the IEMs I always wanted - wonderfully textured bass, enthralling mids, and detailed, crisp highs. These manage to conform to my sound preferences perfectly.)

Oct 30, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #85 of 90
New Empire Ears line looks very interesting. Hearing protection units, universal versions etc..

Apollo-X custom version will be in my hands soon. I will post a preview and a full review later.

You bought it already?

Oct 30, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #86 of 90
New Empire Ears line looks very interesting. Hearing protection units, universal versions etc..

Apollo-X custom version will be in my hands soon. I will post a preview and a full review later.

Waiting for your review with great impatience!

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #87 of 90

Users who are viewing this thread

Back