Empire Ears Discussion Thread
Oct 28, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #46 of 90
Also, great job on the description of each monitor Jack. I love how the description not only describes the sound of each monitor but also embodies the character of each monitor.

The Spartan is "armed with a shield-wall of quad drivers." 

... nice

Oct 28, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #48 of 90
I was wondering the same thing. It looks to me like it's for hearing-impaired people. Not necessarily a hearing aid, but for people who are hard of hearing. Just also happens to be much cooler than the standard hearing enhancer.

My guess is that its a musician's earplug of some sort 

Oct 28, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #49 of 90
  The names are kinda cool. And it seems except the Supra every one of the line is brand new. Wouldn't lie the Apollo is the most intriguing to me but would love to be able to review / read reviews on the line of in ears, especially if one can basically be like the Ethers in Custom In Ear form.

If I ever buy a headphone again, it's probably gonna be the Ether C. I really regret not having at least tried that our of all of the stuff in London. What I'm filtering from the impressions I've read is that it's light and comfy, providing a good isolation but with that open and airy traits of an open-back. And it looks nice, I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear it outside at all. I'd still prefer iems in public though.

For those interested- I'll be publishing an overview of the lineup soon on CYMBACAVUM (Hopefully this weekend). The Spartan IV is a clear standout. It's a really nice neutral-ish signature that's not lacking bass punch and rumble, and has very good clarity and sparkle, making for an excellent all-rounder. I'm very impressed with it.

Looking forward to it!

Aegis case

When I saw that pic, I immediately thought it a dual latch version of the one I got with my Savant, but upon closer inspection I was wrong ^^
The embossing is reversed. So no grooves here.

With Jack's permission, here's some close-up photos of the Aegis case:

Engraving possibility, and on the house.

Here the latching clasp pin is fixed to the case, no risk of sliding up and off.

Made in the USA by S3    www.s3cases.com

I gotta say, I'm fond of collecting these iem carry/protection cases more than ear tips 
biggrin.gif

My dream quest is somehow commissioning the Astell & Kern/Final Audio Design  AKR02 case but adapted for my ciem shells 
popcorn.gif

I haven't forgotten about that one since CanJam London

Oct 28, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #50 of 90
For those interested- I'll be publishing an overview of the lineup soon on CYMBACAVUM (Hopefully this weekend). The Spartan IV is a clear standout. It's a really nice neutral-ish signature that's not lacking bass punch and rumble, and has very good clarity and sparkle, making for an excellent all-rounder. I'm very impressed with it.

Big bro to the Supra?

Oct 28, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #51 of 90
  If I ever buy a headphone again, it's probably gonna be the Ether C. I really regret not having at least tried that our of all of the stuff in London. What I'm filtering from the impressions I've read is that it's light and comfy, providing a good isolation but with that open and airy traits of an open-back. And it looks nice, I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear it outside at all. I'd still prefer iems in public though.

If that's your ideal for a closed back 'portable' headphone then you wont be disappointed. Then again we should move this talk to the Ether C thread.

Oct 28, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #52 of 90
jack, you may want to check the description of the Apollo.  "Code-named after the god music, Apollo.." you're missing an "of" :p

anyways.  glad to see the new line up.  from the little blurbs about each of them, it seems like the following:

Apollo tries to be flat with an emphasis on soundstage?
Athena is the rebranded Legend.  Not sure if its the R or Omega though.
Hermes seems to be a V shaped, fun sounding phone.  a la JH-13fp?
Spartan seems to be V shaped as well, but perhaps not as extreme on either end?  Or maybe this is the north of neutral phone i've been asking for?
Cerberus is the bass monster.
And the Supra is the Supra.

I can't wait for the initial impressions to come in to see how close/off i am!  

just checked something else: seems like they still have low impedance.  that's a little disappointing.

Oct 28, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #53 of 90

just checked something else: seems like they still have low impedance.  that's a little disappointing.

You can ask for lower sensitivity when you build your IEM :wink:

Oct 28, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #54 of 90
  You can ask for lower sensitivity when you build your IEM :wink:

ooh, that's sweet.  i didn't click on the build button.  and its nice they can use my previous impressions too.  oh man, its so easy to buy them.  haha.  750 for a leap of faith.  i would be lying if i wasn't considering it.

Oct 28, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #55 of 90
Interestingly, EarWerkz's Supra 2 is ported over to Empire Ears' Supra-II.

The rest of EarWerkz's IEMs are not, especially the Legend Omega.

Example:
Legend Omega: 8 BAs, 8-Way 7 Crossover Points, 2 Lows, 3 Mids, 3 Highs
Athena-VIII: 8 BAs, 5-Way 4 Crossover Points, 2 Lows, 3 Mids, 3 Highs

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #57 of 90
Interestingly, EarWerkz's Supra 2 is ported over to Empire Ears' Supra-II.

The rest of EarWerkz's IEMs are not, especially the Legend Omega.

Example:
Legend Omega: 8 BAs, 8-Way 7 Crossover Points, 2 Lows, 3 Mids, 3 Highs
Athena-VIII: 8 BAs, 5-Way 4 Crossover Points, 2 Lows, 3 Mids, 3 Highs

So the Legend retains its legendary status?

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #59 of 90
Just a few thoughts after spending a few weeks with EE's latest...

I've been trying out some things from EarWerkz lately, and over time, they've made a few tweaks and changes to their drivers. And they've been improving, working behind the scenes, diligently taking feedback and turning them into works of art.

The first time I tried the Cerberus 3 (low sensitivity), I was absolutely blown away. This IEM absolutely demolishes every other C/IEM I've tried, from the GR07 (+ BE's), Aurisonics Rockets, everything... I've never heard anything with such amazing clarity, crisp highs, beautifully textured and visceral bass, and amazing mids... I'm addicted to these. These are pure bliss.

Someone help. I can't seem to get these out of my ears, because I don't even want to try. 

I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised, if not blown away as I was, by EE's latest. I'll be putting up a review, but it will be so difficult to articulate the phenomenal sound these output, as I can say with complete and utter confidence that I have never heard anything better than these, and it's difficult to quantify that with words.

I won't even begin talking about the amazing customer service! Or the stunning shell design! I could go on and on. More to come in a review.

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #60 of 90
Great website... nice lineup names too.

So the Legend is not ported over... maybe something even better with the Athena line?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back